chapter 53

Amira Sultan p.o.v

  My back landed on water but it hit like a very solid ground knocking the breath out of me , the light was fading away from my eyes blurring my vision . I can feel water going inside my eyes , mouth , ear making it impossible for me to breathe .

  I tried to swim upward but my arm was very difficult to move , I wanted to breathe , I was desperate but I couldn't slow down , the energy in me for surviving fading down before my eyes about to close , a strong pair of arms grip my waist strongly taking me to the surface .

  My back lay on a solid ground , the light was fading away from my eyes while I was trying to concentrate on the bright sun above me , it was appearing and disappearing like a flickered .

  Nothing was making sense where I was and why .

  I felt someone tapping my cheeks , I could see a figure hovering over me but blurry vision didn't let me see anything .

  I tried to move but my whole body was in pain . Suddenly I felt my gut twisting and water came from my mouth making me cough miserly .

  " Thank God you are okay" I heard Khalid's relief voice .

  I can see his face now , his warm hand cups my face.

  " Are you alright? '' he asked in a faraway voice , he was so close to me yet felt like miles away .

  " Hmm.." I grunt in response, feeling tried to move any muscle.

  " Alhumdulillah you are alive , I thought something happen to you "
  Warm and solid arm circle around me pulling me toward his strong chest , A sigh left my mouth as I struggled closer to him to receive more warmth .

  " Say something " he said cupping my face and making me look into his eyes , I stared into his eyes .

  Suddenly , I felt sleepy … " Khalid, " I whispered .

  " Yes '' the way everything is walking around I realised he is carrying me in his arms .

  " I am feeling sleepy '' I snuggle closer in his chest .

  " Sleep tesoro" that's the last thing I heard .

  A sudden jolt woke me up and my eyes snapped open . I am still surrounded by long dry trees . I was lying on the ground trying to remember everything . I noticed my head was resting on something , so soft yet strong , following the thing my gaze fell on Khalid's handsome face.

  My eyes widened as I remembered everything , in pure panic I scramble away feeling scared , he pushes me off the cliff . He tried to kill me . My movement woke him up and his eyes searched around taking an instant position to fight .

  His eyes landed on me letting him sigh .

  " You are awake " he let out a sigh of relief .

  There was a small cut on his forehead , which had dried blood on it . His face has small , blue , purple bruises .

  " Amira, are you okay , do you remember everything? " he asked, looking at me sceptically .

  I glared at him " yes I do "

  " You tried to kill me " I yelled , hot tears burning my eyes .

  " I tried to do what ?" He looked taken aback by my accusations .

  " You '' I poke his hard chest .
  " You tried to kill me " I spoke with each and every word .

  " Amira listened to me " he tried to reach my face but I shook my head vigorously.