CHAPTER- 19

. “Heaven lies beneath the feet of mothers”. (Prophet of Islam, may peace be upon him) Musnad al-Shihab 119; al-Jame Vol. 2 Page 231

If you haven't prayed your Salah please pray this book can wait but your Salah can't

Happy reading

Author p.o.v

Khalid begged his mother to look at him once but she kept looking out through the window like he doesn't even exist .

" Ammi " he said meekly , his own voice was a mere whisper to his own ears .

Tears rolled down from the corner of his eyes but he kept staring at his mother hoping that at least once , she would turn to glance at him even for a mere second but like always she didn't and like always the little by little his hope shattered .

Pulling himself together , he stood up . Wiping his face . He wore his google back .

The cold Khalid was back .

" Allah Hafiz " uttering those words , he walked away from his mother .

He deserves it… He thought .

After everything he has done, how can he even think that her mother will forgive her .

He has lost his paradise…. He lost his mother , the once loving mother who won't sleep till he comes back. That mother is refusing to look his way today .

After Khalid was gone , Maryam finally looked his way with teary eyes , every inch of her body was begging her to hug her son at least look at him but she didn't not after everything he had done .

It's his punishment from her , he lost that right to call her mother .

Zubair sat on his couch staring at the wall aimlessly . The devoid in his heart after sacrificing his daughter to that man wasn't letting her live in peace .

After he married Amreen , he knew he ignored Amira a lot but she never complained even though she tried her best to accept Amreen as her mother but Amreen never treated her like one . Whenever he used to confront Amreen for her behaviour , she used to fight and shout at him so much that neighbours could hear them , his self respect in society was at stake so he let Amira bear the brunt . He was never a good father to her but she was a good daughter, not even once she blamed him for her misery and even that day , she sacrificed her whole life for his self respect . He heard that a father prayer for his children was never rejected so he prays for her , everyday in every Salah , the least he can do for her is pray and he was praying for her good future , he was praying that Allah s.w.t guide Khalid go straight path only then Amira life will become easy with her husband .

Amira Sultan p.o.v

I turned to the right shoulder then left offering my salam . Feeling my heart lighten after praying , I folded my mat properly keeping it on the table . 

Like always I went toward the window to look at the stars filled in the sky , they look so small , yet in reality they are so big that 1000 earth can fit in them . Subhan Allah ( Glory to be Allah ) is amazing in that even though we think we know everything or seen everything there is always something that is beyond our imagination .

My smile slowly faded when I saw Khalid walking toward home or more like struggling to walk toward home . Lowering my eyebrows I debated whether I should go to help or not .

" Careful " the word escaped my mouth when I saw him falling on the floor with a thud .

Forgetting about the debate in my head , I quickly went downstairs only to see him lying in the grass while spreading his arm and leg .