chapter 47

If Allah wants to do good with somebody , he afflicts him with trial - SAHIH AL BUKHARI.

Amira Sultan p.o.v 

Fluttering my eyes softly , I saw Khalid place was empty , I got up with a jerk .

Panic stricken my body " where did he go " I mumbled to myself .

" Khalid… " I called out from the tent .

" Khali-" my word stuck in my throat as I saw him looking up in the sky .

I stood beside him " what are you staring at? " I asked him, looking up, stars filled with stars , a small star twinkling with light, mischievously squinting, saying greetings to me. They are like a sly pearl that adorns the dark blue night sky, and is no less inferior to the bright moon.

" Answers '' he replied quietly .

" from stars ?" I have a question .

" No from Allah … " his words made my eyes snap at him . For the first time I heard the name of our lord from his tongue.

" To get answer from Allah , you should bow down not to look up '' 

His eyes fell on mine … " what do you mean " 

" I mean pray " I said in a duh tone .

" And how am I going to get my answers? " he fully turned toward me .

" Simple by asking Allah in your prayer " I shrugged .

" You can do it now here " I suggested .

" Here " he looks at me like I have grown two horns .

" Yes it's the time of sunrise anyway " I searched for water , there was enough water in the bottle to do wudu of both. 

" You cannot pray in the middle of the jungle " Khalid gave me a ridiculous look .

" Allah Subhana watala is everywhere Khalid , the whole earth is a mosque "I tried to explain .

" Okay you pray , I will guard you " he made some space for me to pray .

" There is no need , you can -" 

" I don't want to take any risk with your safety, " he snapped .

" No one can harm me without Allah permission and no one can save me without Allah permission " 

" Come and pray please " I pleaded from my eyes .

The raw emotion of guilt in his eyes made my heart clench in pain .

" I am not worthy of it Amira " his eyes were shining … is he crying .

Making my way to him , I hold his hand " you are no one to decide that , only Allah can judge us " 

" You why it's so important to pray " I ask him .

" Why? " he whispered .

" Because no matter how much we wrong ourselves , how sin we committed, Allah mercy is infinite , even we cannot forgive ourselves , Allah Subhana watala will , you just have to ask " I whispered softly, putting hand on his cheeks .

" What if the sin is so big that it cannot be forgiven? " he asked like a child .

" There is no sin in this world bigger than Allah's mercy " I smiled .

" You know At the time of Musa (Alaihis Salam), a terrible drought and famine occurred. Allah commanded Musa Alaihis Salam to gather everyone in the population and pray to Allah for rain. All 70,000 people sat in the desert, crying and begging Allah SWT for rain. Still no rain. So Musa Alaihis Salam asked Allah SWT, “Oh Allah, we did exactly what you asked us to do, but it won’t rain.” 

Allah responds that among the thousands of people, there is one wrongdoer that had committed sins over 40 years and that he/she is the reason why the prayer is not answered. So Musa Alaihis Salam urged all the men and the women that if they are wrongdoers, they should leave the group. Nobody leaves.

Musa Alaihis Salam announced: “O the sinner, who had been committing sins for 40 consecutive years! Get out of our gathering! It is for you that the rain is not coming!” 

The sinner looked around and saw no one coming forward. At that moment, the sinner realised what he had done and that it was about him. He did not want to go forward and expose himself. He turns back to Allah, and from his heart says, “O Rahman Raheem! I had been disobeying you for 40 years! You gave me the opportunity to come back, but I hadn’t utilised the chances. Now I (sincerely) turn to You! Do accept me!” Suddenly while pondering on these thoughts, he covered his face with a cloth and started weeping. 

Even though his prayer had not been completed, it started to pour. It rains like crazy. Everyone is celebrating, running around, dancing, and screaming out of happiness. Musa Alaihis Salam was astonished. Out of shock, he said to Allah: “What changed? Not a single person had left the gathering."

Allah SWT tells Musa, before it was NOT raining because of that person, now it is solely raining because of that person. Now I've made it rain and this blessing is simply solely out of my love for this person." 

Musa Alaihis Salam asked Allah: “O Allah! Tell me who that is! I'd like to meet this person." This remarkable human being that was so disobedient to Allah at one moment to where Allah SWT will deprive everybody of rain because of their sins. And then a second later become so beloved to Allah SWT that He will shower His blessing upon everyone just because of that person. 

Allah SWT replies: “Oh Musa when he was sinful I didn't disclose his identity and tell you who he was. Now that he's come back to me do you think I'm going to tell you who he is so that you know his previous sins? No way!"

" This is our relationship with Allah. We should never lose hope or stop asking Allah for repentance. As Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alaihi wasallam said: One who repents from sins is like one without sin.

We ask Allah SWT to accept our prayers and forgive our sins before we return to Him Insha Allah" 

" Now come " I threw his arm slightly .

" Let's pray " 

For a moment , he stood there staring at my face with shimmering eyes .

My heart dipped a little , I realised he won't come , so I lost my grip  .. I went to do wudu .

I was wudu when a hand came in front of me " is there some water left for me too? '' he asked with a smile .

A bright smile appeared on my lips , I couldn't tell how happy I was…. 

" Alhamdulillah '' I praised Allah Subhana watala then poured water so he could do his wudu .

I took the sheet which was laid on the tent and placed it outside .

We both sat on the prayer mat , he sat a little ahead in a islamic way .

And finally my dream came true …. I prayed salah with my husband .

I really hope after this time of hardship , Allah Subhana watala will give us ease soon.

_____________________________________