chapter 52

When you forget that you need Allah (God), He puts you in a situation that causes you to call upon Him. And that’s for your own good.” Omar Suleiman

Third person p.o.v

Khalid was trying to call Jannat again and again but she wasn't picking up her calls .

Feeling frustrated , he threw the phone on the wall.

" Is she okay ??" He mumbled to himself .

Grabbing his winter coat , he was about to walk outside when his father called .

" Khalid " closing his eyes,  he let out a frustrated sigh .

" Yes abbu " he was irritated .

" Your mother and I wanted to talk to you " He said in his authoritative voice which always made Khalid obliged him but today .

"Can we talk after I come back? " he tapped his feet, getting frustrated inside .

" I have to meet someone" he added and about to turn when his father's words stop him.

" You have time to meet other people but not your parents " his father's voice rose , Maryam held his arm to calm him down .

" Enough abbu " Khalid voice boom .

This was the first time he raised his voice against his father .

" I am an adult , you cannot control my life like you did to Sayra '' he yelled .

" Khalid !" His mother shouted .

" Not today ammi " he raised his hand to stop .

" You always want to control our life , where we are going, what we are doing , how we should live our life , what career we should choose, " he slammed his hand on the door .

" You are our father not our dictator " Khalid gritted out.

Yousuf and Maryam were too stunned to react .

They couldn't believe it was their son talking to them so disrespectfully .

" Get . Out " Maryam gritted out .

Khalid clenches his fist .

" Get. Out . Khalid " Maryam yelled.

Turning the door knob Khalid walked out slamming the door shut .

Maryam glanced at her husband who was still staring at the door from where Khalid went .

" Yousuf " she whispered softly , putting hand on his shoulder , a tear escaping her eyes .

Looking down , Yousuf turned around quitely walking back to his room.

Maryam looks at the door and sniffles " you will regret this Khalid " she whispered in pain .

" SAY IT!" Humza punched the man on the face, making him spit blood .

It's been 5 days since his team has been interrogating these men who got caught while transferring girls to New Zealand .

The man smiled showing his bloody teeth " that's it " the man laughed .

" That's how much power you have in yourself " The man mocks .

Humza again landed a hard punch .

He grabbed his hair in his fist " tell me your boss name and I will try to lessen your punishment " of course it was a lie .