Chapter 60

“The bravest heart is the one that stays close to Allah (God), even when it’s in pain.” Anonymous

  KHALID MIRZA P.O.V

  " So the game's rules will be the same " Jannat rubs her hands .

  " Shoot your wife or I will blow your family " she announced .

  " NO!" Amira shouted behind me, horrified .

  " Don't you dare to harm my family '' Amira yelled angrily .

  Jannat threw the gun at my feet just like the last time .

  " Time is tickling Khalid "... She showed her wrist .

  Amira came in front of me " it's okay Khalid " she wiped her tears trying to be brave .

  " I don't have any regrets " she wrapped her hand around the gun .

  " I am glad , Allah s.w.t paired me with you…. " She took a heavy breath .

  '' If our family will be saved by sacrificing my life " she giggled crying " it will be the biggest blessing of my life , she licks her lips so it stops shivering .

  I took a hold of the gun pointing toward her , then stepped back.

  She closed her eyes waiting for the bullet .

  A tear escaped my eyes, so I pulled the trigger .

  Bang !

  " Ouch !" The remote fell from Jannat's bloody hand , running. I took the remote before she could and landed a punch on her face making her kiss the ground .

  " Amira ….run save our family " I shouted at the top of my lungs .

  She stood like a statue for a second , then coming back to her senses , she ran over Myra who kicked one of the men in the ground . Amira unties her hand , they both run toward the bus .

  A man landed a kick on my jaw , the remote fell from my hand .

  Jannat's eyes fell on the remote too , she and I ran toward the remote , just by an inch , she took the remote in my hand .

  " Give it to me " I gritted out .

  Rain fell on us heavily making it hard for us to breathe , we both painted .

  She wipe the blood from the corner of her lips ,

  We both glance at the bus .

  Amira and Myra inside the bus , trying to untie them .

  " Game over Khalid Mirza " she raises her finger to press the button .

  " NO !" I ran to stop .

  Bang !

  I halt in a step as her body slumps on the floor , I look up to see Ahil's swollen face, his shivering hand holding the gun , his eyes didn't moving from Jannat .

  The bodies of people scattered around us are lifeless.

  I fell on my knees , huffing .

  Jannat, the girl I once fell in love with , Osman, who was my brother, my best friend .

  I look up in the sky….. life is surely a cycle .

  They killed my sister and today…. They are dead in the same place .

  I put my head down on the ground to thank Allah s.w.t Amira was right , if you have Allah no one can defeat you no matter how impossible the win looks .

  " Surely with Allah there is victory " I whispered smiling .

  " Khalid !" In turn , Amira came running hugging me tightly .

  I hug her back , one by one my family hugs me , I hug them back.

  This wasn't the end of my story, it's just the beginning ……….

  ___________________________________

  Sometimes in life , we trust someone blindly , depending on them too much… not realising their real intention, what they did has left a deep scar on you .

  And the worst part about betrayal is that it's come from your loved one ….

  It’s hard to tell who has your back from who has it long enough just to stab you in it”

  Being let down by a person you have placed your trust in, can be heartbreaking. It can really leave you at a loss for what to say to someone who has taken advantage of the trust you put in them. After all, what can you possibly say to them that could undo the damage? Or them to you for that matter?

  So love , give respect , help everyone but never trust someone so much that they can leave you broken .

  Remember it's only Allah Subha wa ta'alah who will never break your trust , so put your trust solely in your lord .