chapter 44

"Taking pains to remove the pains of others is the true essence of generosity." - Abu Bakr (R.A)

Amira Sultan.p.o.v

I smile watching how my father interacts with Khalid .

Khalid didn't talk to him like he did last time disrespectfully in fact he was so polite .

I felt a hit on my shoulder and stumbled back .

" Watch out dumbo " Zainab snickered , I rolled my eyes . Some people just don't want to change .

" By the way, " she said, standing in front of me.

" How are you feeling snatching what's mine " her tone was sarcastic yet her eyes blazing fire . I remember how excited she was to marry Khalid because of his wealth. If it wasn't for her mother , she would have been Khalid's wife .

" Grow up Zainab " I said in a bored tone and about to walk away but she held my arm tightly digging her pointed nails .

" Ah.. " I hiss not wanting to create any scene in front of guests .

" Zainab " I tried to warn her .

" Do you really think , you can get what mine , now see what I will do with you " my eyes widened to see her hand holding a cold drink rising toward my face . I close my eyes in fear .

" Ouch " suddenly I heard something fall .

Opening my eyes , I saw Ibrahim looking at her apologetic .

" Oh I am so sorry Ma'am" he apologised to the red faced Zainab who was fuming in anger .

Her eyes were on us , the cold drink , she was about to splash on my face , were now all over her dress .

" I am so sorry , I didn't realise where I was running " his voice was genuine , there was some satisfaction in his eyes .

Did he push her intentionally?

" YOU IDIOT !" She launched at Ibrahim but I came in between .

" Don't you dare Zainab " I bare my teeth in anger .

" Don't you dare to hurt my child " I warn her .... I was damn serious , if she even thought of touching Ibrahim I won't leave hair on her extensional hair .

I felt two pairs of eyes watching my way proudly while the other two looked absolutely stunned .

" I will see you " Zainab stomps her feet then walks in the washroom direction .

I looked at Ibrahim , there was something I guess tears ... but why ??

" You both okay " Khalid's deep voice raised both of our heads .

" Yeah... we are good , aren't we " I asked Ibrahim , he nodded silently .

" Did you push her intentionally ?" Khalid asked Ibrahim in a stern voice .

" She was hurting her " he looks away embarrassed , like he doesn't want me to know that He cares about me .

Aww.... He does have a soft spot for me .

His eyes widened knowing what I was about to do. Before I could pinch his cheeks he ran away .

I pout...

" Did she hurt you? " Khalid held my arm .

" Ouch " I hissed in pain , he held the exact spot where Zainab dug his nail .

Covering my view from everyone , he slowly folded my sleeves only to see three dots like bruises.

" I shouldn't have invited her, " Khalid mumbled under his breath in anger .