chapter 55

Third person p.o.v

  Sayra entered the police station following Osman , he took her where Humza was held .

  Sayra coughs putting her side of the stole in her mouth watching a line up prision caging some man . Some were sleeping , somewhere staring at her. Thanks to her abaya, no man could see her . She observed her surroundings .

  Slowly , Humza came into her view in one of the prisons , when was sitting on the cold floor with his knees closer and head hiding between his hands.

  The jail cell is nothing but four walls and a mattress, everything grey. The lighting is artificial only, she wonders how long you'd have to spend in here to forget what a tree looks like or the feel of the wind on a stormy day. When  one of the doors closes behind her it's loud, that's one heavy chunk of metal and she hears the bolts slide home so pointlessly. With on handles on the inside she could never open that door even if she spent the best part of her youth trying. Each new minute feels like an hour. She doesn't know if being solitary is worse or sharing this tiny space with some stranger. She had no idea how Humza was going to spend three years of his life .

  " Humza…" Sayra whimpers while holding the iron rod which is a barrier between them .

  " Humza " she called out again .

  He raises his head , the moment his gaze fell on her , he ran towards in a lighting speed " Sayra what are you doing here "

  " You shouldn't be here " he begged, caressing her face .

  " Humza. .. I am sorry " she sob, lowering her head .

  " Hey ! It's not your fault " he tried to console her .

  Even though he was breaking from inside , he wanted to be strong for his wife .

  " Khalid " she took his name bitterly " he betrayed us "

  Humza shook his head slowly " don't blame him it's not his fault "

  " IT'S HIS FAULT " Sayra shouted angrily .

  " No it's not …. He was trapped just like me " He wiped her tears , closing eyes , she savoured the moment.

  " You know he can never hurt us intentionally "

  " I promised I will take you out of here, " Sayra said determinedly .

  " I promised " she put her hand on his…