chapter 40

Speak only when your words are more beautiful than the silence.” –Anonymous

KHALID MIRZA P.O.V

" No …. Wait, don't … stop …. Stop " I yelled struggling .

" Shhh…. It's okay it's fine " I heard a soothing voice which was pulling me out of my darkness and evil that enveloped me .

The expediency of my heartbeat wouldn't stop . I felt her soft hand messaging my forehead to calm me down .

I didn't hesitate for once to hold her hands tightly .

" Open your eyes Khalid , it's a bad dream to wake up , you are alright " she cooed , rubbing my hand .

I open my eyes , immediately muddle with a foreign sight that welcomes and engulfed me. I was panting hard and my body was covered in sweat , everything was blur around, a face hovering over me , I blinked to remove the fog in front of my eyes . Slowly adjusting my eyesight on the bright light . Amira's face came to my view clearly .

" Amira " I barely whispered , her worried eyes gazing my way , like if she blinked I would be lost .

" You are awake " a relief spread all over her face .

" Unfortunately " I tried to sit up to lean my headboard .

" Ah" she gasped then smacked my arm .

" You scared us " her tone became low while her eyes held sadness .

" What happened? " I furrowed my eyebrows .

I don't remember anything ?? 

" You had a panic attack '' her eyes held something , something which I don't want .

Sympathy …

" No, I might be drunk " I lied, removing the cover over my body .

" You are lying " I got off the bed while her eyes followed me .

" No I am not Amira " I said sternly , her face fell .

Then I remembered something , her past trauma ….

I gulp looking away , I remember everything .

" You look pale " I look at her again .

" Did you sleep at all last night? " I frown , there was darkness under her eyes .

" I will ask someone to make breakfast for you " her tone was low , she was to get down .

I stood in front of her , making her breath hitched .

She looked at the place I was before then at me " Dude you have energy " she said , astonished .

" You are not going anywhere, " I told her .

Her eyebrows raised then I don't know what clicked her mind but her expression changed into anger .

" Are you going to lock me here? " she yelled, making my eyes widen .

" What ! Why would I " I step back , the way she was fuming made me fear .

Which was very weird .

" You said ! I cannot go anywhere " she yelled and I closed my eyes flinching though her voice is angelic but right now it is hitting the wrong cord inside my brain .

" I said don't go anywhere because I know you didn't sleep last night, " I explained .

" So sleep " I was a bit irritated .

Her mouth form O 

She looked at the bed more than me .

" Fine " she shrugged casually then jumped on the bed , irritating more .