chapter 51

Third person p.o.v

Khalid kept staring at his phone screen not believing she actually really texted him …

" hii " he quickly texts back ..

His heart thudded in his chest , his hand became sweaty .

" I was waiting for your text " his phone Bing .

A smile appeared on his lips " I was about to te-" something clicked in his mind .

" Not funny Osman " he texted irritatedly .

Suddenly his phone started ringing , the moment he received a loud laugh echoed in his ear . Khalid put his phone away from his ear .

" I couldn't believe man it took you 15 minutes to realise " Osman wiped his tears .

" Whatever " he grumbled, annoyed .

" Did you really believe she texted you ??"

" Idiot you didn't even give her your number, how would you? " Osman added.

" Are you done "

" I am feeling sleepy " and Khalid cut the call .

Taking a deep breath Khalid type hii .

Sent ..

He waited ….

Waited…

Wai- " Damn may be she gave the wrong number " he got off tossing his phone on the bed .

Walking toward the washroom , he was about to open the door knob .

Ting …

" She texted back " Khalid did an Olympic jump and grabbed his phone on the bed .

" Hii… " she texted back .

The amount of happiness he was feeling in his chest was unimaginable .

He never felt this way before , duh .. he never talked to any girl ….

" So you wanted to talk, " he texted .

" Yeah … I wanted to say thank you " she replied .

" Can we meet ?" Her text made his eyes widen.

" Yeah sure where ?"

" In the cafe where we met today … my day is off tomorrow "

" Done " he put his phone aside with a bright smile on his face .

" Assalamualaikum ( may peace be upon you ) " Khalid greeted standing up.

Jannat smiled at his manner " walekum assalam ( may peace be upon you too ) "  as she was wearing an abaya .

" You must be thinking what kind of a person I am asking you to meet like this " Jannat bit her lips nervously .

" No it's okay .." he smiled.

Her face fell a little which didn't go unnoticed by Khalid .

" You okay ?" He asked .

" Yeah I am -" her voice broke .

" Jannat, is there anything you want to share , you can " Khalid put his hand on her assuring .

She shook her head letting tears fall " my - my parents kick me out "

" Wh- what why " he was stunned.

After everything she went through , her parents do that to her .

What kind of parents she has …

" They said , I have brought shame to the family " she sob covered her mouth .

" They are the one who should be shameful " Khalid clenches his fist.

" Please don't say that , they are my parents, " she cried .

" Even after what they did to you " he couldn't believe it , even after everything she was still thinking about them .

Why did Allah make her suffer …. She is so kind ?

" Where are you staying then? " he was worried about her .

" Don't worry , in the guest house " she wiped her tears .

" You will stay in my home " he got up " let's go "

Her eyes widen " no Khalid sit down ''

Holding his hand , she forced him to sit " Khalid you are my non Mahram , I cannot stay at your house it's wrong " she said meekly .

" But -"

" Please Khalid , I didn't tell you these things for help , I just wanted to share it with a friend " she tried to smile .

" We are friends ?" Khalid asks for a surprise .

" I am so sorry - if you don't think of me as yo-" she started babbling, feeling embarrassed.

" Oh no no we are friends " Khalid stops her .

From that day , Khalid and Jannat became inseparable . They used to chat all day , text all day .

Khalid used to visit her working place  a lot .

They were falling in love ….

But Maryam and Yousuf were worried about Khalid , so he stopped spending time with his family . He was busy with Jannat all day long .

His unusual behaviour made everyone worried in the family .

Sayra entered her room… watching Humza looking at some file worried .

" What happened ?" Sayra sat on the edge of the bed .

" There is something …. Wrong in this file " Humza continues to go through the file.

" What do you mean? " She sat a little closer to him, peeping in his file .

" We got a lead that there was 53 girls in that godown that was about to transport to New Zealand that evening " 

" So ?" She looked confused .

" We found 54 girls, " Humza said with all seriousness .

" Yeah ..so what , maybe whoever gave you information made a mistake " Sayra tried to make sense .

" Tickets were also 53 " Humza added .

He stood up " I don't understand… for sure they are hundred times more careful than us , they won't make such silly mistakes , if in that evening there were supposed to be 53 girls, what was the one girl doing ?"

" And you know what surprised me the most " Humza turned to her .

" What "

" Every single girl has a missing file in our police station except for one girl, " Humza said .

" Who is that girl? " Sayra stood up , this case is getting complicated day by day .

" Jannat "... Humza utters her name with lots of suspicions going on in her mind .