Chapter 1: where it all started

This chapter may include:

Thoughts

Violence 

Mature content

Other

Chapter 1

Author's POV

It was beautiful and peaceful in the cultivation world, except...it wasn't, the four great clans along with their prized disciples and heirs were attending the trial of the Yilling Patriarch, who was accused of attempting to murder Hanguang-jun and destroy the world.  

Which was all bullshit, but hey! who cares, it's Wei Wuxian! the one who killed thousands in Nighless city, the one who killed his own shijie, the one who was building an army in the burial mounds...right...?

Well, he is a demonic cultivator! a sinner!...except it wasn't his choice...

speaking of said cultivator, who was currently in his jail cell thinking 'Why? haven't they hurt me enough? why do I keep getting betrayed..'

SCENE CHANGE

Wei Ying was currently residing in the cell he had been for the past few days awaiting his trial, it had all started at the temple, he and Lan Wanji had arrived at the temple, the truth of Jin Ling's parents had been revealed, he saw Jin Guangyao with a strange terrified look in his eyes before going to normal and then...Lan Zhan had gotten injured yet he had tried to save him when everything went black.

The next time he woke up he was in the small cell surrounded by dogs and Jiang Cheng, Lan Xichen, and Master Lan along with guards standing in front of him interrogating him. He was feeling pain, but not physical no, emotional, and mental pain, he thought Sect-leader Lan as an older brother, he thought Jiang Cheng would stand by him, but no...it was all a lie

But what hurt the most was when he was dragged into the trial room filled with people looking worse than he did in the Burial mounds with the wens, his clothes ripped, hair messed up, body covered with scars and bruises but that was not the most painful no, 

It was the cold and ruthless face of someone he thought of as his soulmate, one who would always be with him. Behind him were the juniors he thought of as his own with the same expression so he gave up.

He could barely process the kicks and punches thrown in his or the brands of each clan being imprinting on him beside the Wen brand, all he could think of was the betrayal and how much it hurt.

He was brought out of his sorrow by the voice of Sect-leader Lan saying "Wei Wuxian! you have betrayed us all by making us believe you were innocent, with this you have hurt us all furthermore, you tried to kill my brother who stood with you at all times! from now on you are dead to this world, if you dare show your face again you will suffer a fate worse than death. Now leave and never again."

Disgust...anger, pain, betrayal were on the faces of those who bore witness that fateful day.

Wei Ying looked at the room one last time and left with his flute, once he was out of the territory deep into the forest he sobbed, blood running down his chin as he called for one of his closest and friends who was like an older sister to him.

Fayre Yang, daughter of one of the best healers known to china, healer An Yang and his wife Azure Auer who was German royalty and one of the most powerful water witches ever, also the fiance of Fang Hui Lian also known by her title as Lixue/Ruxue meaning snow princess. Lixue was known for her powerful influence and leadership.

 Her parents had fled to china after an assassination attempt on Azure the former queen and stayed there for the family's safety.

During their stay, the couple had become close friends with the Wei family so Wei Ying and Fayre Yang knew each other since they were babies and grew up together.

When Wei Ying's parents died the Yang's wanted to look for them but at the time Azure was extremely ill and the assassination attempts on their family grew so they were helpless. The 2 met again when Wei Ying was 10 and he explained how he was taken in by Sect-leader Jiang about a few months later.

He then asked her about her parents to which she sadly replied with "Mother, unfortunately, passed away when I was 8, a few months after she got ill and father has raised me ever since."

Wei Ying instantly apologized feeling empty himself as the couple was like his aunt and uncle keeping him with love and care, Fayre just smiled softly at that and pulled him into her embrace.

Her long dirty blond hair flowed with his ebony black hair, dark emerald green met silver grey and they shared a look of hope preying for a good future.

The 2 have always been together, she stood by him no matter what and always protected him till his death. When he got resurrected she gave him a wack on his head with a book and then pulled him into a bone-crushing hug. 

Unfortunately, she couldn't stay with him every moment as she had now taken up the throne in place of her mother so she had her own duties but she tried and spent most of her time with him.

Reminiscing in these memories Wei Ying passed out from exhaustion and blood loss not hearing frantic footsteps rushing towards him.

SCENE CHANGE

The next time his eyes opened he was in a soft and comfortable bed with all his wounds bandaged up and cleaned, he looked around the place and saw Fayre sitting right next to his bed dozing off, her eyes held dark circles that had never been there before. 

He saw 2 other people sitting on the other side of his bed and a few others standing near the foot of his bed.

His eyes widened as he let out a surprised " Big brother Xie? Big brother Cheng?? Mu Quing? Fing Xin??" their eyes widened as they looked at Wei Ying with relief. "A-Ying! you're awake!" Xie Lian breathed out pulling the younger in a warm embrace, the others doing the same and greeting him happily but being careful of his wounds.

The sound of the reunion woke Fayre up and she was about to curse whoever woke her up when she saw Wei Ying awake and immediately pulled him in for a hug exclaiming "A-Ying!" Wei Ying instantly recognized the warm yet firm voice of his honourary older sister and let out a happy "A-Fayre!" while hugging her back.

After the heartfelt family reunions were finished Wei Ying asked what had happened and the mood in the room immediately changed, everyone wore dark faces as Fayre began to tell him,

 "After you called out my name, you passed out and were barely alive by the time I found you. There was so much blood everywhere! you looked awful. I quickly picked you up and teleported us here to the paradise manor and Wang Fang treated you. You were in a coma for 5 months"

Wei Ying looked somewhat shocked at the information and stood up to bow but was immediately stopped and pulled into a side embrace by Hua Cheng "you are not bowing to us A-Ying! you do not bow to anyone little brother." 

Wei Ying nodded flustered but his face immediately changed to sadness when Xie Lian asked him what had happened to him.

He shortly summarized everything that had happened making the gods furious and deciding that they should reveal the truth of the younger pain to those who had betrayed him.

And so it began.

A/N: hewo everyone! Welcome to my new book! I've been getting into the MXTX fandom for a few months now and decided to write this book! this is a mix-up of a bunch of ideas from talented creators! I took reference from 18lex20 's book "WangXian: Third Time a Chance" which I highly recommend you check out, along with a few mdzs reaction videos on youtube and mdzs animatics. I have also taken reference from a book on ao3 called "Misunderstood" by Sliver_Flame_2724 another book I highly recommend. I hope you all enjoy this book! stay safe loves <3

Love,

Rain/Flower