Chapter 23: Birthdays and memories

This chapter may include:

Thoughts and memories

Actions

Reflection

Pain

Other

Chapter 23

Author's POV

Yummeng Jiang sect

It was Wei Wuxian's birthday today, one of the most joyous days in his loved ones' opinions, meanwhile Wei Wuxian himself forgot his own birthday because he did not think it was important enough. Back in the cultivation world, this day brought pain and joy to many.

The Yummeng Jiang sect had heavily and beautifully decorated their home. A festival was held in the honor of the yilling patriarch as all prayed for his safety and return. This was a first-time occurrence as usually Wei Wuxian's birthday would either be forgotten or ignored in the past.

The realization hit the family like a flood, shame and guilt bubbled up once again as they remembered their abuse and treatment of the boy who loved them unconditionally. The elders and disciples who knew Wei Wuxian would share their experiences with the boy, praising him. Vendors sold his favorite foods, and rabbits were brought to Yummeng. 

The Jiang family was sitting silently in the main hall reminiscing how these once silent walls were filled with boisterous laughter and lively pranks. Oh, how they missed him and his vibrant aura. There were so many things left unsaid, so many apologies left ungiven, and so much love left unreturned. They didn't deserve him, they knew it, they never deserved him, and yet he still loved them and cared for them, tearing himself apart for their sake. 

Yu Ziyuan or Madam Yu as most know her as never bothered to get to know the boy who oh so desperately wanted to make her proud, instead, she saw his parents in him. Cangse Sanren, the woman who had been her first and only true friend, the one woman who stood by her no matter what. The woman who always loved her no matter her attitude, her jiejie.

In her own blindness and jealousy she mistrusted her Jie and her own husband, her mind made her believe untrue things and the rumors never helped. Cangse and Changze were treasured friends of theirs and very much in love with each other. Both were incredibly faithful and loyal, and all four of them knew the bond they shared with each other was a family bond. 

Changze was a brother to Fengmian, and Cangse was a sister to him so why would they turn their backs on those they love and elope with each other? well because it was all lies, some random person got jealous of their bond and wished to break it apart.

Anyways, both Ziyuan and Fengmian knew that they had greatly disrespected and betrayed their close friends and siblings by the way they treated their beloved son. They hoped Wei Wuxian was safe and sound when they found him, they had so much to make up for, so many things they wished to know about him.

For the week of Wei Wuxian's birthday, Yummeng Jiang was decorated in red and black, a huge festival was held in his honor, and all good memories were shared, the younger generation was told about the bright and cheerful Wei Wuxian, head disciple and one of the twin lotuses of Yummeng Jiang. The man who would give anything for those he loved and ask for nothing in return.

Gusu Lan Sect

It was a quiet day in Gusu, the youngest twin pride was in the Jingshi (Thank you so much for QinZiYan for informing me <3) playing his guqin. The song he played was none other than the famous "Wuji" Today was the birthday of his beloved, his soul, his other half, his philotas (*sobs* if you get the reference plz marry me) his husband