Chapter 9: Lan Zhan, Lan Zhan...

This chapter may include:

Thoughts and memories

Actions

Violence

Mature content

Other

Chapter 9

Author's POV

A/N: hallo everyone! first of all, thank you so much for all the love on this story, I'm glad that you are all enjoying it so far! I apologize for the late updates, it's getting a bit hard due to school and stuff but ill try my best. Also fun fact! the last chapter had exactly 2018 words lol. make sure to watch the video for your daily Wanxian angst dose and with that,

Thank you and enjoy the chapter!

The viewers were still in shock and sorrow from the earlier scenes showing Wei Wuxian's true feelings and sufferings, but they had to continue they were the reason the boy had suffered so much.

And so the screen once again flashed as it now showed a different scene

Wei Wuxian and A-Yuan were seen in the Yilling market as Wuxian bargained with a shopkeeper about the prices while A-Yuan clung to his leg, a while later when Wuxian was ready to leave he felt his leg was significantly lighter so he looked down and saw the child was missing.

In somewhat of a panic he began to look for the child only to hear crying in the distance, once he got closer he saw the second young master Lan standing looking mildly confused and panicked as A-Yuan cried calling him 'Baba' while the people in the market looked at them and whispered.

"Look how cruel, he doesn't even care about his own child."

"What an adorable kid you have!" 

And so on with Lan Wangji growing increasingly frustrated as he tried to tell the people that A-Yuan wasn't his.

Wei Wuxian did not know whether to laugh or cry at that moment, it was hilarious seeing the usually cold and calm Hanguang-Jun look so panicked and out of place (his eyes at least) while a child clung to him screaming their lungs out.

Finally, After he finished laughing he decided to put the cultivator out of his misery and approached them by calling out "Lan Zhan!"

He could have sworn he saw the man look at him like he was an angel sent from the heavens above.

Lan Wangji's ears were redder than a cherry as he heard his brother, sect leader Jiang, and Maiden Jiang snicker, most of the room covered their laughter with coughs or 'ahems' but that still did not save the embarrassment.

Lan Qiren looked like he was about to have another Qi deviation while Lan Xichen could not keep the amusing chuckle inside him, seeing his brother looking so helpless as a child clung to him was truly a scene.

Lan Shizhui was also feeling that same embarrassment as his father seeing himself act like that, his friends were teasing him about it while he buried his red face in his hands

Wen Ning and Wen Qing couldn't help fond their smiles as they watched their protector and family, 'of course he would do that' 

The Jiangs and the Nies were simply enjoying the lighthearted nature especially after what they had seen, it felt good to see Wei Wuxian look so genuinely happy and free.

Lan Wangji and Lan Shizhui couldn't help but think 'worth it' as they saw the joyful face of the one they loved. 

Wei Wuxian pulled the child to himself and held him as he asked second young master Lan about how he had been and just general conversation when Lan Wagnji asked Wei Wuxian "who's child is this?" Wei Wuxian thought about the answer for a moment and decided to joke with Lan Wangji so he replied "Mine, I birthed him"