11

+++

"Her pulse is irregular."

"Well fucking regulate it, Carson."

"What the hell do you think I'm doing?"

"We have to take her to the hospital."

"No, it's too dangerous. We can't trust anyone-"

"SKYLER. WE NEED TO GO. I don't know why she passed out. We have to take her to the hospital."

"Okay, don't yell at me, man." 

"... This is agent Sam Payne. We need immediate medical assistance."

+++

"Hang on, bubba, we're almost there."

"Grab a stretcher. Clear Room 101." 

"How old is she?"

"Seventeen. She has cardiomyopathy." 

"We'll have her medical file requested -"

"No need, I have it right here." 

"Oh ... that file is quite large-" 

"Yeah, so you better start reading." 

"Matty, be quiet. Let them work.

"How about instead of chitchatting, you get our sister's heart back to its normal shit self." 

"Shut up and sit down, before I make you." 

"Go to hell, Skyler."

"I'm Dr. Reinhartz. We'll take good care of your sister."

+++

"Is she okay?  

"Yes, she will be. However, we found traces of a drug called Sotalol in her bloodwork." 

"What? That can't be right. The reactions between the two drugs could have killed her." 

"We took a look at the medications that were prescribed to Tarryn. She's supposed to be on bisoprolol and nadolol, right? Well the bottle is labeled bisoprolol but the actual medication in the bottle is Sotalol." 

"Are you saying she's been taking Sotalol this entire time?" 

"Yes. At least for the last week. This is what caused her heart failure."

"Are you fucking kidding me? This is fucked up."  

"Carson, do you have any idea how this mixup happened?" 

"No. I have been trying to contact her cardiologist, Dr. Webber, but I can't get ahold of her. I've left several messages." 

"Okay. Well ... Tarryn will wake up in about an hour. She'll be tired and confused at first. You're lucky she got here on time." 

"Yes, I know, thank you."

"How could this fucking happen?" 

"Matty, calm down-"

"Don't tell me to fucking calm down. Our baby sister could have died!"

"We know. Look, why don't you and Skyler go grab some food." 

"I don't think we should split up right now." 

"Sky, both of you look like shit. Go get some coffee and food, bring something back for Tarryn too."

"Jeez, you don't look so hot yourself, Carson." 

"I'll be okay once Tarryn wakes up." 

"Okay, fine. We'll go ... I just don't understand how this could have happened." 

"I don't know either."

"I'll kill whoever did this. Mistake or ... shit, you don't think someone did this on purpose, right?" 

"Why would someone want to kill Tarryn?" 

"I don't fucking know, Skyler. Someone seems to have a hate on for our family." 

"He's kinda right, Carson. First Jed, then mom. Dad. Not to mention our dead aunt." 

"Our baby sister doesn't have a great fanbase either. Remember, she did spend 14 months in Juvie." 

"Whatever or whoever is responsible, we'll figure it out when Tarryn wakes up." 

+++

I know this is a short chapter, but it's a way I can tell you what happened as Tarryn was unconscious without using a different POV. Kinda like she was awake enough but couldn't speak or move or respond in anyway. 

Thank you so much for reading XD 

Any thoughts or theories? 

Poor Tarryn, how could this have happened? 

Next, Tarryn wakes up in the hospital. 

Will she remember the flashback? 

Lots of love and stay safe - Charlie 🧡