27

| Major Name Change: Rhea will now be Rose|

"Rose," I called, running to catch up with her in the hallway. "When is your next trip into town?"

She spun around, smiling. "I'm the morning. Can I get you something while I'm out?"

"No ... but you could help me convince my brothers, and your brother, to let me come along." I knew it would be a long shot, and expected her to shut the dies down right away, but to my surprise, her eyes flashed with excitement.

"I can try ... but guarantees though."

"I understand but I have faith that you can spring me from this ... this prison," I said, closing my eyes, shaking my head. "I'm going insane being cooped up in here."

Rose smiled sympathetically. "I know ... I'll go talk to them right now."

Later that evening, Carson and I were into another argument. Sam had apparently told my brothers that I wanted to go out with Rose.

I gripped into the counter, digging my nails into my palms as I faced my oldest brother. "Let me go out for a few hours. I'll be safe."

"No, absolutely not." Carson shook his head, standing kitchen island and placing his plate in the sink. "You are not leaving the property."

"Please, Carson. I'm tired of being cooped up. You can even come too," I said, trying my best to negotiate. For a second, he looked like might give in, but his expression hardened.

"No and I am not discussing this any further," he said, narrowing his eyes at me. I clenched my fists, angry that he wouldn't budge. Why does he have to be so damn overprotective?

"Are you two arguing again?" Matthew appeared beside me, yawning, as he headed for the fridge. "At least let me get a snack first."

"Please, Carson." I tried again, unrelenting. "It'll only be for an hour, two at the most."

"No. Do not ask me again Tarryn."

I huffed and spun on my heel, leaving the kitchen. "Overprotective jerk," I muttered, heading to the library.

"Hey, I heard that!" My oldest brother called.

"Good," I said and just as I reached the library m, I heard Rose and Sam arguing inside. To say I didn't eavesdrop would be a lie. I stood outside the glass doors, listening.

"You know it's not safe, Rose," Sam spoke. "I don't even know why you would ask, it's not a good idea. In fact, it's reckless and irresponsible."

"They've been all cooped up here for almost a week, Sam. Without any outside contact. Without any electronics. Come on, don't you think it would be best to let her come before she does something stupid?"

Sam didn't say anything for a long time. "Well, I see your point, but it's still too dangerous. Letting you do out go to get supplies is dangerous enough, Rose. What if her face gets caught on camera? What if -"

"Stop, Sam. I get it, okay? It's dangerous and risky but I've spent time with Tarryn. She's gonna spiral soon if something doesn't change."

"Eavesdropping?"

I jumped, letting out a slew of curses, and spun around to come face to face with Trey. He smirked, crossing his arms.