29

June's POV

I curled up in the duvet, trembling, chills running down my spine. It was a cold night, but I couldn't find the strength to get out of bed and close the window.

"Jesus June, it's freezing in here," Trey muttered, striding to the window and shutting it. "June? Are you awake?"

"Mmm." Trey swiped the curtains open, letting the sunlight shine through, and I groaned, showing my head deep into the pillow. "What the hell, Trey. Get out."

"It's half past noon, time for you to get up."

"You're annoying."

"I'm supposed to be," he said, chuckling. He clapped his hands together, urging me to get up. "Come on, Sky made lunch for everyone."

I shook my head, slowly getting out of bed. I felt like a zombie. "I don't feel well," I mumbled before turning and throwing up into the garbage can next to my nightstand. Trey rushed forward and started rubbing my back, pulling my hair away from my face. I threw up again, eventually dry heaving.

"You need to eat," Trey murmured, stepping back as I straightened. "You need to eat with your medications. Skyler made chicken soup, they're your favourite."

"No, Trey-"

"Do you want another lecture from Sky and Carson?" He asked and I narrowed my eyes. "Because that's what's gonna happen if you don't come down and sit your ass at the table. And I don't know about you, but I'm sick of hearing them scold you like a five year old."

"Okay, okay, I'm coming," I snapped, even though my little brother spoke the truth. "Jesus, you don't have to be such a little cunt."

He smirked. "It gets you moving, though, doesn't it?"

I went to punch his shoulder, but he jumped backwards, laughing. I couldn't help but smile. Out of all my siblings, Trey and I were the closest - well, besides Carson and I. I guess I should say we got along the best.

After mom disappeared and Jed was killed, I had to tell my father about my heroin addiction- well, my relapse. My father pulled the strings to get me into an expensive rehab but before I could go, shit hit the fan with my family again when our dad was shot and went into a coma. While the rest of my siblings went into protective custody, Trey and I went to stay with our grandfather where I had round the clock medical treatment from the feds.

"Hurry up, before it gets cold," Trey said, ushering me along the hallway. "I like my soup hot, y'know."

"I hate people rushing me when I want to sleep but we don't always get what we want."

We trudged down the stairs and entered the kitchen where Matthew and Skyler were sitting with our grandfather, Ivan. We had been told when Trey and I first arrived to call him Ivan because anything else made him sound old - which he clearly was with the white beard and moustache. Whatever floats his boat, I guess.

"Ah, sleeping beauty finally awakens," Matthew said, smirking. I flipped him off which made him laugh. I sat down next to him at the island, watching Skyler prepare a bowl of soup for me.

"How are you feeling Junebug?" Skyler asked, setting the

"June feels shitty," Trey said and I elbowed him.