Chapter 7

"Oh. Shit."

"Run!" came out of Beaver's mouth as he grabbed my arm and started towards the nearest entrance into the mall, with Skylar right behind us.

"How did they find you?!" I demanded as we ran inside and inito the crowd to blend in.

"We got to stay together!" Skylar instructed as I spotted a familiar black-haired boy.

"Eric!" I exclaimed as I smiled and started pushing my way through the crowd to get to him.

"Nina?" asked the voice I love to hear as he turned around and smiled. "Oh hey! What are you doing here?"

"Oh just looking for a dress..." I trailed off as I twirled my hair around my pointer finger.

"That sounds... fun?" he answered as I giggled and shrugged.

"Well not really..." I countered as I frowned slightly.

He chuckled and put his hand on my arm, sending a fuzzy feeling thoughout my body. WIth a warm touch like that, he could work miracles! "I'm sure you'll find the perfect dress."

I smiled shyly and nodded. "Maybe you could come with us? You know, like a second opinion?" Thanks for the idea, Skylar!

He smiled wider- that was a yes! "Sure." Called it!

"Nina!" a voice called as I felt another warm hand on the opposite arm. Was that Eric...? Then a- sadly- familiar face appeared into my vision with worried eyes. "Why did you run off like that??"

"Wait... Is this your boyfriend?" Eric asked as he looked over at Beaver, who straightened up slightly in response.

"No!" I answered quickly as I pulled my arm away from Beaver. "Of course not!'

Beaver frowned and stood in front of Eric. "Who are you?"

Eric frowned back and replied, "I should ask you the same thing..."

"I'm the 16-year-old with my own movie, several awards, and some pretty bad-ass friends. Your turn."

...Who cares?

"I'm the 17-year old who's captain of the basketball team, co-captain of the soccer team, and was awarded student of the year. Plus, I know several guys on the lacrosse team," came the defensive response. Talk about your brains and brawn!

Beaver's frown widened as I looked over at the irritated Skylar.

Well, this should be fun!

"So how do I look in this?" I asked as I stepped out of the changing room, wearing a pale yellow sundress with a pair of light brown wedges.

Skylar frowned and shook her head. "Yellow just isn't your color, Nina..."

Eric nodded in agreement. "You need something to make your eyes pop..."

I blushed lightly and bit my lip slightly to try and hide my smile. He notices my eyes! "Like what?"

Skylar looked around. "Well you've tried on the whole mall Nina, you need to choose something!"

I giggled and shrugged. "You just want to get ready for your date with Ryan, don't you?"

She blushed and looked away. "N-no...!"

I walked back into the dressing room and started to slip off the dress, stepping out of the wedges at the same time. "Well I guess I'm not going to the dance then..."

"Try this one," Beaver instructed as a dress appeared over the top of the dressing room door. It was a turquoise color with a black veil-like cover so it gradually became darker as you looked down. Plus, the sparkles and the not-too-low-lowcut top finished it off...

It's perfect!

I grabbed the dress quickly and started to slip it on. "How did you find this?!" I exclaimed, the dress already half-way on.

I heard a chuckle on the other side of the door. "In a store."

I frowned as I slammed the palm of my hand on the door. "You know what I mean, you dumbass!"

Two chuckles from two different boys came in reply as I opened the door, stepping out in the dress.

I bit my lip slightly, trying to hide the shyness I was feeling. "So...?"

Eric smiled as he looked me up and down. "You look great...!'

...just great? Not even a beautiful?

I hid my disappointment as I looked over at Beaver, who was staring, probably thinking about something stupid.

"You look, God I can't even-"

"If you keep your mouth open like that, flies are going to fly in your mouth..."

"......"

~*~*~

A/N: Hey guys! Long ten days eh? I couldn't take it anymore! That and the fact it seems that after about 10 days my number of reads each day begins so slow down... So, instead of making you guys wait 14 days for a new chapter, it'll only be 10 days. But that doesn't mean you guys can stop visiting here during the ten days! ;P

On another note, thanks for all the reads I've been getting for Pray! I can't believe I'm almost at 2,000 already! Yay!

So how you guys doing? Send me any comments on anything about tihs story, or even not about this story, lolz. I just love talking to people! :)

PLEASE read/comment/vote/fan!!!! Doing all of them makes me a very very happy person! :)

~TNT <3

3/17/2011

Hey guys, Happy St. Patrick's Day!!! xD Not only am I going on a field trip to see a play and celebrating the greenest day of the year (literally, lolz :)), but I've also logged on to discover that Pray has just received over 2,000 reads!!!!! AWSUM! Just wanted to post a little thank you here to you guys. :)

So thank you, and I hope for a bunch of more reads. (Yeah, 'cause that didn't sound greedy at allllll...! Haha, sorry couldn't help but be sarcastic to myself XD)

So that's all I have to say.... :)

~TNT XDD