Chapter 10

"Come on, let me take one last picture!" Mom exclaimed as I saw another flash of light, causing me to frown.

"Mom this isn't prom!" God, this is embarrassing!

Eric chuckled as he shrugged. "Hey, if it makes your mom happy, I don't mind."

My frown widened as I grabbed the hot-boy-beside-me's arm and started towards the door. "Bye!"

Dad's laugh boomed from the living room. "Call us when you're going to Skylar's!"

I nodded as Annie came from upstairs. "Ni-ni!"

Smiling, I knelt down to Annie's level. "Hey sis. You want to take a pic before Eric and I go?"

She nodded excitedly as I picked her up and held her at my hip, while Eric stood on the other side of Annie...

If it bad to say that it felt perfect at that exact moment?

I could already see it... Me, Eric, and our own little girl... Not Annie, of course, but a little girl just as precious...

What can I say? I'm a dreamer.

The picture was taken and I set Annie down as I planted a kiss on her cheek. "I'll see you tomorrow ok?"

She smiled wider and nodded. I straightened up and looked over at Eric, who in response opened the door for me. "After you."

I was probably smiling like an idiot as I giggled and started out. "Why thank you!"

This night will be perfect!

We arrived at SJEHS ten minutes later as "Grenade" by Bruno Mars finished. Anyone who hasn't heard Bruno Mars' songs needs to go listen to him right now.

Eric gave me a smile as he hopped out of the driver's seat of my now-fixed truck.

Seeing as he wasn't going to come over and help me out, I opened my door and carefully slid to the ground, so my dress wouldn't go up. Don't guys usually open doors for girls they like?

"Come on slow poke!" Eric's playful voice demanded as I came back to reality.

With a smile and a nod, I followed Eric to the gym's entrance. Or at least, until a certain blonde practically tackled me.

"Nina! You're finally here!!" Skylar squealed as Ryan gave me a friendly wave. "What took you so long?!"

I giggled and hugged back. "Well, Mom went a little overboard in the pictures..."

Skylar smiled, laughing. "Of course!"

We walked into the gym, where "Dynamite" by Taio Cruz was playing. Another great song!

Skylar grabbed my wrist and started towards the middle of the floor. "You're going to dance at this dance Nina!" she commanded. But I didn't want to dance!

Or at least, not yet...

I started to whine as Ryan came to the rescue. "But I thought I would get the first dance?" Ryan asked, with a puppy-dog pout.

Skylar looked over at me with a You got lucky look. "Fine..." She let go of my wrist as I mouthed a "thank you!" to Ryan. "But I'll make sure you dance tonight, Nina."

I nodded, frowning, as she sent a glance over to Eric, a frown in her eyes; Something told me she didn't feel comfortable with Eric...

"Well, are we going to dance or what?" Ryan asked, breaking the uncomfortable moment before it could become an awkward silence.