Chapter 15

Oh Jesus...

"Just shut up," Justin told Chaz as Justin's mom gave me a look of confusion.

"Staying the night?" she asked, turning towards Beaver for an answer.

"Well... I said she could stay the night...?" he mumbled, not looking at her.

She frowned as Chaz wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. I naturally scoffed and rolled my eyes, crossing my arms in the process. Stupid... "Justin Drew Bieber we will talk about this later."

Well, he's in the dog-house now, I thought guiltily. If I hadn't asked him if I could stay the night this wouldn't have happened.

Realizing what was going to happen, he glumly nodded in defeat.

"Speaking of staying the night..." Chaz started, looking at Justin's mom. "Can I stay the night too Pattie?" Pattie? Is that her name?

"You're always welcomed here Chaz," she answered with a smile as she sent a glance over at me involuntarily. Now you on the other hand...

Buzzing, my cell phone distracted me from sulking any further. I slipped it out of my pocket and slid it open, reading it quickly.

Where the hell r u?!?!!? -Skylar :) Oh shit Skylar didn't know I was here...!

My fingers tapped the small buttons effortlessly as I sent her a reply. Im @ Beavers house -Nina (:

Wait wat?? Y???? -Skylar :) she texted back in less than a minute.

Long story... U+Ryan want 2 join?? -Nina (:

Her answer tood a minute or two longer than usual as my phone shook lightly in my hands. Um... sure? Let me ask Pattie... -Skylar :)

Soon enough the sound of a phone rang throughout the house as "Pattie" scrambled to answer it. To get out of hearing range, she began upstairs to talk to Skylar on the phone. Now it was just me, Justin, and Chaz...

After a minute of silence, Chaz asked, "So, are you single?"

Beaver looked at him in disbelief. "Dude!"

"What? I can't help it!" he answered. "She's hot!"

I frowned, giving him a look. "You're obviously blind then."

"Then you're a sight for sore eyes," he replied, giving me a charming smile.

"...What the fuck?"

Apparently Skylar's mom knew Justin's mom, so of course she let Skylar stay the night. And this goes without being said, but Ryan is spending the night too.

"And I believe this makes me the winner," Ryan annnounced triumphantly as he laid his cards down on the table for everyone to see. I groaned along with everyone else.

We've been playing blackjack for the past hour. Needless to say, Ryan's won about half of them, reducing our piles of potato chips to nothing.

"Well, I'm out," I stated as I set my hands in my lap, enjoying the plush carpet I was sitting on. "Hope you like honey mustard pringles."

Skylar wrinkled her nose in disgust. "Okay, ew."

Ryan made a face also and gave me the pringles. "...No thanks..."

I laughed to myself as I took a bite of one. "I don't get how you guys don't like these!"

"Maybe 'cause they're nasty?" Chaz answered for everyone as they all nodded in agreement.