Chapter 13

Justin's P.O.V.

Nina was definately in awe... By the look on her face you could tell she hasn't been in a recording studio before... And that means she never recorded in one either.

"How...?" she breathed as she walked up and touched the sound-proof glass. I brought her to the actual recording part of the room. Hopefully I could get her to sing... Cheer her up, you know?

With a smile, I shrugged. "I'm a singer. Singers record albums in recording studios."

She laughed. Not the kind of "oh, that was funny!" laugh, but more along the lines of "I can't believe this is happening!" laugh. "So, does that mean you're about to record another horrible album?"

Ouch. Okay, I usually can deal with haters with an optimistic attitude, but that just hurt.

Silence ensued for a moment as Nina gave a confused look. "What?"

.......

Apparently something clicked as realization registered on her face. "O-oh... Sorry..." She looked away, rubbing her neck uncomfortably. "I didn't mean to sound all bitch-ish..." And although it wasn't said, her thought of Even though I am a bitch... filled the room with gloom.

With a half-hearted smile, I shrugged off the hurt feelings. Probably shouldn't make her feel worse than she already is... "Don't worry 'bout it. I hear stuff like that all the time..." And it's true. As much as people like me, others hate me. I'm fine with that too. People are entitled to their own opinion.

Nina looked back at me with concerned, deep blue eyes that seemed to suck me in... They drive me crazy. And Usher said I wouldn't find eyes deeper than mine!

Plus, she has a better voice than me... The way she sings is so magical-

"Beaver?" Snapping fingers brought me back down to Earth as Nina's eyes became not only concerned but questioning. "You alright?"

I answered with an oh-so-smooth, "Huh? What were you saying?" Geez, real smart Justin...!

Her perfect lips turned down in annoyance. "You didn't hear a thing I said did you?"

Feeling guilty, I shook my head.

She set her hands on her hips as her frown increased. "You know, you'll never get Yolanda's attention if you don't pay attention to what she has to say."

Ain't that the truth. With that depressing thought, I nodded. "Yeah, I know... Sorry..."

Leaning against the sound-proof (shocker!) wall, Nina shrugged. "Just remember that for future reference."

Something inside me jumped in excitement. Oh, I will, don't worry. "So, what did you say?"

She sighed. "I said, are you sure? Because you're being so nice to me and I'm being an ass..."

Smiling, I shook my head. "Like I said, don't worry about it."

She hesitantly nodded. "Alright..."

I clapped my hands and smiled wider. "Okay, so we're going to record you!"

You could practically tell her heart skipped a couple of beats as her eyes became huge. "W-what?!" she squeaked, terrified...

I laughed, hoping my easiness came out as at least somewhat soothing and not crazy. "You didn't think I was bringing you down here for nothing, did you?"

Nina just became even more panicked. "B-but I can't sing!" she protested shrilly.

My smiled turned into an encouraging one as I shook my head and walked up to her. "Yeah, you can."

"Can't!"

"Can."

"Can't!"

"Can."

"Can't!!"

"You can sing, Nina," I started, a confident calmness about me. "And I can keep this up all day, so there's no use trying to convince me otherwise." Whoa, that was a little out of character... But what I said was true...

"But-"

"Just trust me. You'll do amazing." I locked eyes with her. That did it. With an uneasy sigh, she reluctantly nodded, making me smile once again. (I smile so much around her!)

I guided her over to the filtered microphone and handed her the headphones. "Put these on."

She looked up at me, clearly confused.

"You'll hear the music from them," I explained, remembering this is her first time...

She nodded as she put them on, giving me a thumbs-up and a weak smile.

I smiled wider and nodded, walking out and into the part where all the magic is done. Finding the mic, I pressed a button and spoke into it. "What song would you like?"

She lifted one of her shoulders. "I don't know... what songs do you got?"

I chuckled, smiling wider. "A whole load of songs."

"You got... Bon Jovi?"

"Of course."

"You Give Love a Bad Name."

I was about to answer when I stopped myself. Scrunching up my nose, I replied, "Huh?"

Nina rolled her eyes and shook her head. "The song? You know, talking about getting shot in the heart?"

"Oh." Wow, I'm smart.

She sighed as she gave me a nervous smile. "Just play the song before I run out of her... Please."

That threw me off guard. Admitting she was nervous and saying please?

I nodded as I typed into a computer nearby and brought it up. "You ready?"

I saw her swallow and solemnly nod. "Yep..."

Playing the song, the music seeped in through the speakers. Nina closed her eyes and entered herself. I was amazed by how clear her voice rang out.

"Shot through the heart, and you're to blame,

"You give love a bad name..."

A short break played as her head silently bobbed to the music, her eyes still closed.

"An angel's smile is what you sell,

"You promise me Heaven and then give me Hell.

"Chains of love got a hold on me.

"When passion's a prison, you just can't break free."

...Wow...

As she continued singing, I sat in an office chair nearby, dazed and amazed by her voice.

"Justin?" That was not Nina's voice. "Honey, you down here?"

My eyes widened. Mom's home.

So, in the words of Skylar:

"Oh. Shit."

~*~*~

A/N: I managed to upload! Yay!!! Well, I got 14 days left and I'll officially be a freshman!! EEP!

With that out of my system, I shall continue. I'm working on Chappie 14 right now, and we have yet another person entering this soon-to-be-complicated plot... Although it's not because of him... (That we know of ;P)

So, as per the usual, please please PLEASE READ, COMMENT, VOTE, annnnnd FAN!!!! All of those make me a happy TNT :)))))

Thank ya's!

~TNT XD