Chapter 16

"Nina? Nina what're you doing down here?" a voice asked as a hand gently shook my shoulder. "Come on, everyone's waiting for you."

I gain consciousness as the drowsy effect of dreamless sleep kicked in. Grumbling, I shook my head and rolled the other way, my side leading against the wall. "...no..."

"What d'ya mean no?" she- I recognized as Skylar- asked. "Don't you think you should be out there, not moping?"

"Did you know he didn't love me?" I questioned, my eyes still closed.

Apparently my question threw her off guard as she was silent for a moment. "...Yes."

My ees opened to reveal a concerned blond looking at me. "Why didn't you say anything then?" I demanded weakly. "Why did you let me be so ignorant?"

She sat down next to me as I set my head on her shoulder, staring out into space. "I did try to tell you, Nina... but you were so happy to be ignorant in love..."

The sound of footsteps echoed as three familiar faces appeared. A concerned Beaver, a worried Ryan, and a frowning Chaz.

Beaver was the first to notice us as he stopped in front of the door of the box. Do you want us to leave?

I shrugged my shoulders as I looked at him. Don't care...

He frowned as he pressed his nose up to the door like a puppy. What's wrong?

Shaking my head, I averted my eyes. Same old, same old...

The door opened just then as he walked into the room. "We need to get you out of your slump Nina..."

I shook my head in denial as I lifted my head and looked up at him. "Maybe I like my slump..."

Skylar took his side as she made me look at her. "Hun, he's right. You need to move on before you get stuck in your slump."

My shoulders sagged in defeat. "Fine. Whatever, do what you want."

My best friend stood up and helped me up, looking at Justin. "Any plans?"

He gave up a smile. "Actually, I do. Taylor Swift, anyone?"

An hour later we arrived at the park where a crowd of people stood.

"Where are we?" I ask Justin as he smiles in reply.

"A bunch of singers have offered to do a concert for charity," he explains as he looks at the stage. "And one of those singers was me."

"Was?" Ryan asked as Skylar's face mirrored realization...?

"You're not losin' your voice again, are you?" Chaz questions, worried.

Beaver shook his head. "No, I'm going to have a little help today."

"Help...?" I echo. "What kind of 'help'?"

"Hey Justin, are we doin' one of my songs or yours?" T... Taylor Swift (!!!!!!) asked as she approached our group.

"Y-you're Taylor Swift!" I blurted with wide eyes. What can I say? She's my inspiration...!

She smiled at me. "Well I hope I am," she giggled. "And you're... Nina?"

I nodded in response, awestruck. "Yeah..."

Smiling wider, she added, "Good, 'cause it's always smart to meet someone before you sing with them."

I managed to sputter out a "W-what?" and looked at Beaver for answers.

"Surprise," he merely said as I opened my mouth in surprise.

"And for you," Justin started as he turned to Skylar. "Ryan told me 'bout your dance solo."

"You don't mean..." Skylar started, just as surprised as me.

"No, I do," he finished as a stage crew member handed Skylar a costume. It was black and purple that seemed to blend into each other. One shoulder strap, a slit on the side for mobility, tan tights; the whole works.

In other words, perfect for her solo of "Love Me."

"Wait, this is for-"

"Love Me? Yeah, I know," Beaver started as he was handed a black and purple outfit. "And you get to be the only dancer up there."

"So what song are we doing...?" Taylor started as Skylar seemed to hyperventilate.

"What song Nina?" Beaver asked as everyone's attention was directed towards me. "I'm not goin' to be the one singing with her."

I snapped out of it as I tried to not freak out. "Um... how 'bout Teardrops on My Guitar?"

She nodded, smiling wider. "Alright then. I'll go and tell the guys and we should be good." And with that, she was off.

Facing Beaver, he gave me a wide smile. "You're welcome."

"You, Mr. Beaver, are crazy."

~*~*~

A/N: Hey guys! Surprise surprise! I decided since it's summer vacation, I'm not going to be working on the 11 day schedule for a while. For the months of June and July, I will post as much as possible as fast as possible. Although I won't overload a whole bunch of chapters on 1 day lolz. :) That goes for all stories.

Yes I know this chapter seems a little unrealistic right now, but I promise reality will come back in the next chapter! Let's just say the concert won't run as smoothly as anyone planned... :)

Oh, and I still need comments on my message board as to what story I should post first! If I get no comments at all, I might just post all of them and see what happens. (Which sounds like a pretty good idea, but it'll be harder to manage :S)

SO, as always, PLEASE, read, comment, vote, and fan!!!!!

~TNT <3