Chapter Six

**Content Warning: A derogatory term (a slur) is used in this chapter**

Steve made his way to the gym a few hours later, his excitement to see the young agent itching at his skin. As he got closer, he could hear YN chatting with someone inside.

"Thanks, YN. That really means a lot that you would do that for me. And remember what I said about mixing work and play." Came a familiar male voice. Steve swiped his card and entered the room, stomach dropping as his eyes caught sight of a blushing YN and a laughing Bucky.

Noticing Steve's entrance, YN waved enthusiastically, blushing deeper. Bucky winked knowingly at her as he moved to the door. Passing Steve he clapped his shoulder, "One hell of a dame, pal." He chuckled. Exiting the room.

Steve felt slightly sad at the thought of his best friend, yet again getting the female attention. However, this hurt even more because it was attention from YN, which he craved like a junky craved heroin.

"Hey Steve," the young agent greeted, wrapping her wrist in a strap. "What's wrong?" She frowned, noticing the sour look on the blonde's face.

"It's nothing." Steve replied, bluntly. "You and Bucky getting close then?" He added before he could stop himself. Turning his body towards the wall to place down his gym bag, he frowned to himself, annoyed that he might've given himself away.

YN narrowed her eyes and chuckled, turning back to the bag she was hitting before Bucky had come in to talk. Steve took that as answer enough and scowled.

As Steve finished wrapping his wrists, YN had finished with the bag. She pulled herself to the sparring mat, sweat sitting on her raised brow. Signaling to Steve to come closer, YN lifted her fists in a defensive pose. "Let's go, pretty boy." She taunted, a smirk eating at her face. Rolling his eyes, Steve came at her on the offense. She blocked each one of his weak attempts. YN sighed loudly, "C'mon ya' gotta give me at least something." She challenged, her eyes watching Steve's expression change.

Steve threw his body at YN, she pivoted on her foot and threw herself up and over his shoulder, heaving both Steve's and her own body weight forward, causing them to tumble to the ground. Still on the defensive, YN pinned Steve's hands behind him, from where she straddled his back.

"I have to admit, I expected more from you, Rogers." YN grinned sadistically, wiggling happily from her vantage point.

Tired of her games, Steve twisted under her grip, ending them in a position with YN straddling the older man's hips. "What are you playing at, YN?" He questioned, not in the mood for her playful manner after seeing her so close with one of his pals.

YN leaned down until her face was a breath away from Steve's and said, "You really are quite dense, for a Captain." Whistling, she heaved herself off of the man, reverting back to the defensive stance.

Sparring for another hour or so, sweat poured from each of their bodies. The workout releasing pent up stress both YN and Steve didn't know they were harboring. As they came to the end of another face off, YN ended up underneath the large captain's body, breathing heavily.

"I give, I give." YN tapped the side of his body with two fingers to signal her surrender. Steve didn't move, staring down into her eyes in a daze.

"Why?" He whispered, confusing YN.

"Why, what?" She responded, just as quietly.

"Why... Why him?" Steve's voice got impossibly softer, his gaze dropping to her lips before swiftly returning to her own questioning stare.

"Why who? I'm lost." YN sat up as Steve rolled off of her body, sitting with his forearms on his knees a few feet from her.

The blonde man stayed silent as the woman allowed him to sort through his thoughts. As he did so, YN watched him with a dazed look, her heart fluttering in her chest. "You and Bucky-"