Chapter Eight

Gathering her suitcase, weapons case and briefing, YN made her way to the elevator. As she waiting for it to descend to her level, she heard three doors open and shut behind her. The door opened and YN stepped in, holding the door for the three men who inevitably would turn the corner in a moment.

"Hold the- oh, thanks YN!" Sam said, a large smile on his face.

"Not a problem." She returned with a similar smile. A comfortable silence overtook the four of them as the rode the elevator to Fury's office, each of their minds wondering to the upcoming mission. After going over the briefing once more with each team. All seven agents, including Coulson, and four Avengers were seated in the cabin of a jet, awaiting take off.

The door to the cock pit opened and Clint Barton waltzed out, a cocky smirk on his face. "Morning, everyone," he said, sending a thumbs up back into the cock pit. "Hold on tight, we have a radical pilot in the hot seat today." He joked, a bigger grin taking place when a loud "Shut it, Barton!" Rebounded from said hot seat.

All the male agents in the jet perked up at the sound of the very familiar, feminine voice. YN rolled her eyes at their fangirling, looking down to her fingers that were fiddling with her seatbelt. As the Black Widow entered the cabin, YN looked up. Natasha Romanoff was very intimidating but YN was not an easy scare, holding her eye for as long as Natasha kept her own eyes on her.

"Cap, Sam, Barnes, long time," she nodded toward her three colleagues, a smile across her pretty pink lips. Natasha's eyes eventually moved back to YN's, her smile growing slightly cheeky, concerning the other woman. "Agent 007, can I speak to you for a moment?"

Moving into the cock pit after Natasha, YN felt a bundle of nerves settle in her stomach. Being a female agent, YN had idolized Agent Romanoff ever since she had learned about her, so speaking to said agent was quite anxiety inducing. YN, however, schooled her features and looked at Natasha with a questioning gaze. "What can I do for you, Agent Romanoff."

"Please, call me Nat, a friend of those boys, is a friend of mine." Nat's professional smile turned friendly as she sat in the pilot's seat.

YN hovered for a moment, unsure of what Natasha was insinuating. "In that case, please call me YN." YN tried to keep her tone friendly, but felt like her steeled nerves were starting to peak through.

"Felt the need to introduce myself." Natasha answered YN's initial question, lifting her chin in a slightly domineering nature. YN could see her through her charade, being it was similar to the trained expression on her own face. Natasha was scouting her out, analyzing her the same way YN was doing at that exact moment.

"Well, thank you for joining us on this mission." YN said, trying to clear her thoughts and paint a genuine smile on her mouth. Natasha nodded, turning to the gauges in front of her with a slightly more at ease expression.

"So, you and the big guy? How's that going for you?" YN's eyes widened at Natasha's question, not expecting her to be so in the know.

It took a moment before YN realized, huffing with a roll of her eyes she replied; "Tony should be invited to girl time too, seeing how much he loves to gossip." YN watched as Natasha laughed, her red hair bouncing as her shoulders shook. Smiling, YN continued; "It's all very new. And we haven't had much time together these last few days. I guess these next few weeks will be our only time alone." YN blushed slightly at her accidental innuendo.

"Uh, about that..." Natasha said, looking slightly guilty. " I didn't just want to introduce myself, I also needed to run some things by you."

YN nodded, a small frown creasing her eyebrows. "Sure."