Chapter 31

"Now that we have Dreykov, what does that mean for HYDRA?" Steve asked as he and Natasha sat in Fury's office.

"Well, we are going to get our best interrogators in to talk with him, but other than that, we will just have to sit and wait for their next move, when it inevitably comes." Fury said, scanning his eyes through the room. "She still hasn't left the house then?" He asked quietly, eyes reverting back to the captain.

Shaking his head, Steve looked to his lap. "It's only been three days, I'm not giving up hope." Steve said.

"Neither am I." Fury nodded. Turning to Natasha, Fury narrowed his eyes. "You've asked for time off. Why?"

Taken aback Natasha's eyes widened. "Now that we have Dreykov in custody, I was hoping to locate an old friend." Nodding, Fury remained suspicious but waved it off.

"With all due respect, sir. I think YN deserves some time off as well. A lot of us do." Fury nodded again, agreeing with what the captain was saying.

"I agree. I'll consult with Agent Hill about available times, but YN can take some leave as of today." Getting up, Natasha and Steve bid Fury a goodbye, leaving the room.

"Where are you headed?" Steve asked the redhead as they walked through the S.H.I.E.L.D facility. Natasha gave him a look, making Steve chuckle and shake his head. "Right, top secret." Natasha laughed and nodded.

"I'll be gone for a few months, but I was thinking of stopping around to your apartment in the morning to talk to YN? We haven't exactly- I haven't apologized for what happened in Romania." Steve nodded, smiling down to his fellow team mate.

"Not a problem. We will see you in the morning, then."

Steve entered into his apartment, a large coffee in his left hand and some Chinese food in his right. He spotted YN slumped onto the couch, wrapped in a large fluffy blanket as she stared blankly at the T.V. "Hey, baby. Brought you some food."

"Not hungry." The young woman muttered, not blinking from her vacant stare.

"Are you sure? You haven't eaten since last night." YN nodded, burrowing down into her blankets further. Sighing, Steve placed the bags down and moved to YN's side. Finally breaking eye contact with the television screen, YN turned her sorrowful gaze onto Steve.

"How'd the meeting go?" She whispered, conveniently changing the subject.

Steve sighed again, but let it go for now. "Yeah alright, just a standby situation for now." YN nodded, fiddling with her fingers beneath the blanket on her shoulders. "Natasha's popping by tomorrow, she's going off on a solo mission for a few months." YN nodded distractedly again, not really retaining any information Steve was giving her. "Fury has given you some time off as well." YN's head shot up, a confused look on her face.

"Why?" She asked, cocking her head curiously.

"Because I asked him to." YN's eyes narrowed, a raging fire building behind them.

"And what gave you the right to do that?" She sneered, eyebrows furrowing deeply.

"YN, you haven't left the house since we got back. You're having nightmares and flashbacks, way worse than before. You're barely eating, barely sleeping-" Steve went to continue when YN shot up from her position. Her visibly weak figure moving quicker than she had in days.

"Okay, none of that gives you the right to do anything on my behalf. If I wanted time off, Rogers, I would have asked Fury myself. I am fine. I- I'm fine. I just need... I just- Fuck." Trying to take a deep breath, YN's eyes bulged. Steve stood up, arms moving to grab YN as she worked herself up. YN shook her head rapidly. "I don't need you to make decisions for me, Steve. I don't need you- I- I can't-" Breathing harshly, YN panicked, pulling at her shirt as she grew hot.