Chapter Seven

**Content Warning: A derogatory term (a slur) is used in this chapter**

"You made him leave?!" YN gasped, jumping from her position on Steve's bed. Steve sighed softly, not expecting YN to understand.

"YN, please, you have to understand that in my time suspected gay men and women were arrested, or even shot. It was hard for me to accept that my best friend is a-" He stopped when YN's glare turned on him.

"Steven Rogers, if you finish that sentence, I will personally hand your ass to you."

"I'm sorry," he whispered. "I just, it took me a little while to get a grasp on it." He finished, head in his hands.

YN let out a breath, moving to sit by the moping soldier. Placing a hand on his shoulder, she leaned in to place a kiss on his cheek, the action still causing a stirring feeling in the newfound couple.

"Okay, and how do you feel now?" She said, quietly. Fearing she would have to put a stop to their blossoming relationship before it had started if his answer was remotely close to what she feared it was.

"I understand why he didn't tell me. My reaction was anything but exemplary." Steve ran a hand through his hair, pausing to sort through his thoughts. "I support him, of course I do. He's my best pal, always has been." Steve sighed lying back on his bed, bringing YN to his chest. "At least now I don't feel like he's replacing my title as best friend." Steve laughed, making YN smile softly.

After a few minutes, YN sat up, dragging a reluctant Steve with her towards the door. "Okay," she started. "Let's go then."

Before Steve could question her, the unlocked door burst open, narrowly missing YN. Steve pulled her back from the intruder, instinctually placing her behind him.

"If you think you can go around calling my Bucky a faggot, to his face, then you have another thing coming, old man!" Sam yelled, barging past Bucky who had moved in front of him trying to calm him.

"Sam, c'mon-" The super soldier started.

"No, Jamie, I won't 'c'mon'. He can't treat you like that." Same interrupted.

Through the commotion, Tony, who had taken residence in an unattended room on their level, slinked in to listen. YN rubbed her eyes and glared at him, the brunette man, shrugging his shoulders and blinking innocently at her.

"Come on guys, let's be adults!" YN called, wincing as Sam got closer to Steve's face, the blonde backing up from the intensity of the shorter man's tone. Finally, after a few minutes of loud shouting, the room fell into an uncomfortable silence which made YN sigh. "Sam, be a gentleman and close the door behind me." Leaving Steve's side, much to the captain's dismay, she moved towards Tony, grabbing him by his suit tie, waving at Steve, the two of them exited the room.

"You are quite the bombshell, Agent." Tony commented as they sat in the corridor, tossing a tennis ball YN had collected from her room.

"Please keep your misogynistic comments to yourself, Mr. Stark." She responded.

Tony raised his eyebrow, tossing the ball back into YN's hands. "All I'm saying is, you certainly know how to command a team. Even if that team is America's golden super-soldier boy toy, an ex-HYDRA super soldier assassin, an ex-military pararescue and Iron Man." His lips turned to a smirk as he caught the ball YN had thrown to him.

"I'm not scared of ranks, Stark, if a group of rogue boys are going to cause commotion in my presence, I am going to set them in line. Aggression is only good in two places, war and the bedroom." Tony's gaze shot up but before he could comment the door beside them slowly opened, gaining both the hallway occupants' attention.

"You guys can come in, if you're done playing fetch with Iron Dog." Tony threw a sarcastic smile at Sam, entering before YN could make a move.

Padding into the room, YN made her way to Steve's unoccupied bed, crawling to lean against the head board. Crossing her legs, she turned her attention to the boys, who were all avoiding each other's gaze. After another beat of silence, YN rolled her eyes.

"So?" She started, her eyes narrowed and lips pursed. "We all good now?" Their stares turned to the young agent who had her socked feet curled beneath her. A chorus of mumbled confirmations making her silently thank the lord.

Soon the atmosphere had lifted and YN was hanging from the end of the bed, her head nearly touching the ground, with the mission briefing in her hand. She was part of the way through it when Sam spoke. "Dammit, Fury. Such a smartass." YN muttered.

"Why?" Sam laughed.

"Oh, Wilson, you are going to love this." Turning her briefing package to the other man, he read what she gestured to.

A big boisterous laugh left Sam's mouth and after being questioned by the others, he smirked. "Gents, meet Camilla Bond."