Chapter 14

**Content Warning: This chapter contains mentions of sexual assault and inclination toward rape. If this topic is triggering for you, I would suggest reading with caution or skipping the chapter altogether.

Four days later, a team of agents, including YN and Sam were sent to intercept the HYDRA meeting. Steve and Bucky were unable to join the team due to a high profile risk that required super soldier strength, according to Fury. They had left the day before, frustrated they were missing out on such a big bust.

YN and her four agents were posted just outside the entrance, their position camouflaged by a thick layer of shrub. Their orders were to silently work their way in and each team would meet in the middle to contain the remaining HYDRA operatives.

Giving the signal, YN opened the door for the other four agents to enter. They took out three operatives quietly, minimizing the noise as to not attract any attention. Moving through the building, YN and her team took out ten more guys, restraining them once they were out cold. As they got close to the center where they were to meet with Sam's team, YN signaled to lay low.

"Falcon, have I got a copy?" YN spoke into her earpiece, voice barely above a whisper.

"Copy, Rover." Came Sam's response, voice just as hushed.

"We are in position." Sam confirmed his own position also, allowing YN to give the signal for both teams to move in.

As they entered, guns were pulled on the eight HYDRA operatives in the room, each face as shocked as the next. The S.H.I.E.L.D agents directed everyone to remove drop any weapons to the ground and leave their hands in the air. YN, gun now at her hip observed quietly as each HYDRA agent was placed in restraints. As they got close to being done, YN noticed movement in her peripheral, inching toward the back door.

"We got a runner!" As the man sprinted through the exit, YN made chase, Sam hot on her tail. Soon they were climbing several flights of stairs and the closer they got, the sound of a chopper above got louder. "Who's chopper is that?" YN shouted back to Sam who was gaining ground on her as they burst out onto the roof.

Making the mistake of not scouting their surroundings, too busy grasping onto the man that was getting away, YN felt the hit before she saw it coming. Sam, who was about to take flight, came down hard when he was hit from behind, head making first contact with the ground, knocking him out cold.

"Sam!" YN was fighting off two large men, her gun lay just out of reach on the cement at her feet. "Alpha, Bravo... requesting backup-" YN was cut off from her status report when a third man grabbed her around the waist, shoving a cloth over her nose and mouth. Screaming and kicking, YN felt her consciousness slip, darkness eating at the edge of her vision before she slipped into sleep altogether.

YN's eyes reopened again a few hours later, a pain in her shoulders raising her from sleep. She groaned as she came too, trying to bring her hands to her face. Pulling against the chains around her hands, YN finally took in her surroundings.

Arms chained above her, feet chained to the wall, YN faced a still unconscious Sam, who was in a similar position. Whisper yelling his name, YN tried to rouse him from his forced slumber, and after a few minutes, she succeeded. Also groaning, Sam lifted his head from where it was hanging, panicked eyes coming to rest on YN's own scared gaze. "Hey, you okay?" Sam whispered after composing himself.

"I'm fine. You?" YN responded, trying to ignore the ache in her shoulders.

"Look, I will be honest. There are better alternatives where I have been tied up." YN chucked slightly, starting to scout her surroundings.