2

Skyler

I am so glad that this day is almost over. It's actually impossible to do. Land with the plane in the morning and then straight to your new job. Luckily I got there just in time. I talked to the principal for no more than five minutes and then it was already time to stand in front of the class. But I'm glad I'm here. I didn't expect it anymore, I was surprised that I got a phone call yesterday. Asking if I could start today. It took some time to arrange and I'm glad there was a flight from London so early. So here I am for today's last class. "Hi, I'm Miss Reese. Since I'm new, I'll do a quick name round. If you hear your name, raise your hand and I'll try to remember it as soon as possible." I've had the first few names and then I see a name that looks familiar to me. I just don't know from what. "Samantha Hoffman". I then see a curly black haired girl raising her hand in the back of the class. She lays her head on the table. "I'm glad you like it too." When I say that I see her nodding slightly. Shaking my head, I laugh to myself once and then continue with the names.

I spent about fifteen minutes explaining the lesson and the students are now busy at work. I've been doing something on the computer for a while and now I'm going around the class to see if everyone understands. I'm standing at the curly black haired girl's table now. She still has her head on the table and has her eyes closed. I roll up the papers I have in my hand and hit them once on her table. Suddenly she sits up in her chair. I now look into a pair of beautiful ocean blue eyes, which remind me of someone else, and can see the fear in them. "Sleep somewhere else." When I say that, I notice that she is shaking. Before I realize what's happening, her table is on the floor and she runs out of the room. "There we have grazy girl again". "Benjamin you get ten euros from me". Are some of the comments I hear in class. "SILENCE! Continue with your work, otherwise I will add extra work." I say as I set the table up. "Miss, may I go after her?". asks the girl sitting next to her, I believe her name is Lara. I nod once and then she gets up to leave the room.

I'm just back at my desk when Lara comes running into the classroom. "Miss Reese can you please come with me?" she says breathlessly. "You just continue your work in silence. If I don't come back before the bell, I'll see you again tomorrow." I then get up and go with Lara. "What is going on?". I ask as I follow Lara to the toilets. "I can't stop her". Is all she says and as soon as we step into the toilets I see what she means. I walk towards Samantha and stand behind her. I put my arms up at her sides to grab her wrists so she stops slamming the wall. "Samantha you have to stop. You are hurting yourself". I whisper in her ear. It takes a while before I feel her arms loosen. "I'd rather feel that pain." She says through her tears and I can now pull her arms to her stomach. I continue to hold her and notice how she is shaking on her legs. "Calm down. Shall we sit down?" She nods when I ask softly. I turn with her in my arms so I can sit against a wall. Samantha lays her head on my chest and begins to cry harder . I gently stroke her hair and then look up. There Lara is looking at us with wide eyes. "Lara, you can go back to class. I'll be right there." She nods once and then walks away. "Let me look at your hands." I say after a few minutes when I notice that Samantha is calmer again. She shakes her head. "It's not that bad. You'd better go back to class." she says as she frees herself from my arms and stands up. "Are you sure? I can stay with you for a while." I say when I get up too. "Can you please go". She doesn't dare look at me. "Okay if you promise me you'll stay calm." She nods once and I put my hand on her shoulder for a moment. "if there's anything i can do for you, you know where to find me." Then I leave her alone and go back to my room. As soon as I get in, the bell rings. "Okay guys I'll see you tomorrow." As soon as the class is empty, I drop into my chair. That was the day for me. I have to process what just happened. I hope this isn't a typical day.

I'm busy preparing work for tomorrow, but can't really focus on it. I decide to take a walk around the school. I've been walking for a while when I hear the sound of a piano from the main hall. I walk in that direction and stand at a distance. I see Samantha sitting at the piano and she has a talent for it. "Shouldn't you be in class?" I say after a few minutes, when Samantha looks up and sees I'm standing there. She gets up and walks away. "Samantha if I see that again, that you're not in class, I'll have to give you detention." She shrugs. "What you want". I sigh once. "Samantha watch your tone". "Oh man, leave me alone." She does that well. Getting angry on the first day and I am not one to get angry easily. "Your day will be an hour longer today. When you are done with your lessons, come to me". She walks away without saying anything else. Then I go back to my room.

It is now five o'clock and I have not seen Samantha again. I then make a tour of the school, but there is no longer a student in sight. That will be fun tomorrow. I collect my things and then get into my car. After about half an hour of driving I arrive at my destination. I didn't expect it to be this big. I'll check again to make sure I'm in the right place. I am indeed at the right place, I get out and walk towards the front door. I ring the bell and am startled as soon as the door opens after a while. "What the fuck are you doing here then?"