14

Skyler

I'm lying on the couch with Samantha, I really needed that today. With my eyes closed I am enjoying how Samantha runs her hand through my hair. "Sky?". I hear her say a little unsure. "Yes what is it?". Then she sighs. "I like you". My eyes shoot open and I sit up straight. I shake my head hard. Then look at Samantha for a moment and then I get up and walk away. "Sky please". I then turn around. "Sorry Sammy. I can't". I say while the tears are already rolling down my cheeks and then continue my way upstairs.

I didn't sleep all night, I just cried. Why did she have to say that? This makes it all so much more difficult. I want, no I can't give in to my feeling. I don't even know how to face Samantha again. I should never have left her like that last night and I'm sure she didn't sleep last night either. I've been avoiding her all day. I struggled through the day at school and went straight to my room at home. I haven't been able to eat a bite all day and I'm starting to get hungry. I enter the kitchen and of course Samantha is sitting there with Lara and Casper eating at the table. I forgot those two were going to have dinner here today. "Hey guys". I try to say as soberly as possible. Lara and Casper raise their hands to say hi to me. "Skyler are you eating with us?". I can hear the pain in Samantha's voice. "No, I'm eating upstairs. I'm still busy". I feel my tears coming again. I quickly grab something to eat and then quickly walk away. "What's going on between you and Skyler?". I hear Casper say before I close the kitchen door behind me. "Nothing". I stay on the other side of the door for a while, listening. "Tell that to someone else. You're grumpy and Skyler has been walking around like a zombie all day too." It's Lara who says that. "Okay. I said something yesterday that I shouldn't have said. I don't want to talk about it any more. Shall we just put that movie on?" After I hear Samantha say that, I'll go upstairs.

I've been upstairs for half an hour and wonder who I'm kidding now. All I want now is to be with Samantha. I go downstairs again and there is no one in the living room and kitchen. I think they went to watch a movie. When I get to the right room, Casper and Lara are again on the front two beds and Samantha in the middle one behind. Lara turns and looks at me. I point to the screen. She nods and turns around again. I see that Casper also wants to turn around, but Lara stops him. I walk to the bed where Samantha is lying. "Hey". I whisper as soon as I lie on my side next to her. Samantha also turns on her side. "Hey". She whispers when we look at each other. I wipe her tears with my thumb. After a while, Samantha gently strokes my arm. I get goosebumps all over my body right away. Samantha sees it and wants to get a blanket. I shake my head. "But you are cold". I shake my head again when she whispers that. "O". I give her a small smile. "Do you find it annoying that I do it?". And again I shake my head. We stare at each other for a while, until suddenly Samantha's lips are on mine. It feels great and it takes me a while to realize what I'm doing. As soon as I do, I get up and walk away. "Sky sorry. Please don't run away."