5

Samantha

I really need to get out of the kitchen for a while. Skyler starts talking about my family and I don't want to fall apart in front of her. I was shocked at first when it turned out that she is the one who will be living here, but somehow I don't mind. She's not a complete stranger anymore and somehow she gives me a kind of peace. I just hope she didn't realize I was staring into her beautiful brown eyes.

I sat down behind the piano a few rooms away. I really need to clear my head. After half an hour I make my way back to the kitchen, but there is no one to be seen there. When I get into the living room, Skyler is sitting on the couch. "So you have already found the living room". Skyler turns to me and holds a book in the air. "Are you reading this?". I nod. "You have good taste". she says with a smile. "Thank you. Shall I show you the rest of the house now?" Skyler gets up and walks towards me. "The bedroom and bathroom are good for today. I also have to empty my car and, to be honest, I'm ready for a bed. It was a long day". I turn and start walking. I make an arm movement that she has to come along. "Okay, just follow me." When I look back I see Skyler following me with a smile on her face.

"Choose a room. There is plenty of choice. I can recommend this one.This bedroom is the only one left with a private bathroom ". I'll say as soon as we're upstairs. Skyler opens the door to the room I point to. "This one is absolutely fine. Where is your room?". I point to the room opposite hers. "May I look inside?". I nod and open my bedroom door. "Go ahead". As soon as she is in my bedroom she calmly looks around. "Looks good. It suits you." Then she walks towards my photos. "Is this your brother?". She asks a bit surprised and I nod. "I'm sorry. You'll miss him." I nod and just want to ask what she means, but then the doorbell rings. "Oh that will be Lara. She would come by tonight." I'll go down then.

"And how bad is it?". Lara asks as soon as I open the door. "Um, it's okay." I let Lara and Casper in. "Miss Reese what are you doing here?". I look behind me and see Skyler standing there. "Lara it's her". Lara's eyes widen and Skyler laughs. She has a beautiful smile by the way. "Yes, we both looked like that when I was standing at the door. But don't mind me. I'm going to pack my things and then I'll go to my bed. And Lara outside school you can call me Skyler. I don't no you ". she says when she looks at Casper. "That's right. I'm Casper, brother and friend." Skyler and Casper shake hands. "Okay nice to meet you". Saying that, Skyler walks toward her car.

I went to the living room with Lara and Casper. "Now tell me what am I missing here?". Casper asks as soon as we sit down on the couch. "Miss Reese aka Skyler is our math teacher". When Lara says that, Casper looks at her in surprise. "You mean the math teacher?". Casper's comment tells me that Lara already told him I had a panic attack in math today. "Yeah, that one. Speaking of which. I'm sorry Lara for pushing you away." Lara shakes her head when I say that. "It was my own fault. I should have known better and not grab you. Don't worry about it." I nod. "Would you like something to drink by the way?" They nod. I get up to go to the kitchen when Skyler walks into the room. "I just came to grab my cell phone." As she says that, I am startled by a door that closes hard. "Hey calm down. Sorry I still have the front door open, so the door must have been blown shut". I nod Skyler that it's okay and continue my way to the kitchen.

When I get back to the living room, Lara and Casper are sitting there with weird grins on their faces. "Sammm.....". "Yes Casper what is it?". I ask when I sit down. "Why is Skyler allowed to touch you?". I look at him surprised. "I didn't want to say anything about it, but i noticed it at school." Lara then says. "What do you mean at school?". "Don't you remember what happened in the toilets?". I shake my head when Lara asks. "All I remember is that I pushed you away. What happened after that is blurry." I say. "O". "Why? What happened?". Lara has a small smile on her face. "Uhm... Skyler stopped you when you were hitting the wall. By grabbing you and you let it. She sent me away when you were on the floor together. She was comforting you by holding you close to her." I shake my head and Lara nods. "Samantha she's right. I wasn't there at school, but I saw what happened here tonight. When we got to the front door, Skyler touched you. After the door closed, she grabbed your hands. You let her do it and you stopped shaking right away." I sit on the couch shaking my head. I don't know what I hear. I won't let anyone touch me. Not because I don't want to, but because I can't stand it. "Sorry I didn't mean to upset you. I thought you figured it out yourself." I shake my head when Casper says that. "Shall we go? Then you can be alone." It's Lara who says it. "Yes please. Sorry". Lara and Casper nod in understanding. "Don't be sorry. We get you." Casper says as he stands up. "Thank you".

The three of us stand at the front door to talk for a while. "Samantha, do you have a towel somewhere that I can use? Apparently I forgot to pack them". I hadn't noticed Skyler had joined us and then I see that weird grin on Lara's face again. I follow her gaze to see what she's looking at. "Do you see what we mean now?". I nod my red cheeks once and then quickly look at the ground, after I saw Skyler's hand on my shoulder. "What are you talking about?". asks Skyler. "Uhm, nothing special. There are plenty of towels in my bathroom. Grab what you need." I say quickly. "Okay thank you. I'll see you tomorrow and Casper see you next time." Then Skyler heads back upstairs. "Well, we're off too. See you Saturday." Casper walks away when he has said that and Lara is still standing in front of me. "Don't let it scare you. Keep letting her touch you. Maybe you've finally found someone where you can find your peace." I nod and then Lara leaves too. I jump in the shower and try to replay the day in my head. The conclusion is that Skyler has indeed touched me a number of times. The weirdest thing is that it calmed me down.