36

Skyler

Once Samantha and Jace have left the room, I turn to Lara. "Lara sorry about that. I should never have reacted like that". Lara nods. "It's all right". I shake my head. "No it isn't. I see how you react and how you look at me. I'm really sorry." She then sighs. "It's okay for you to act like that to me, but you scared me, Skyler. I really thought you were going to hurt Samantha." When I hear her say that I feel my tears burning. "Never. I would never hurt her. I hope you know that." Lara shrugs. "Come on Lara. Skyler would never do that." Casper is now also joining the conversation. "Casper you didn't see the look in her eyes in the pool. What would you have done Skyler? If Sam hadn't let go of you". Lara says half screaming. I'm going to sit on the couch. "Then I was broken down in front of all of you." I say softly and Lara nods in understanding. And the expression on her face is instantly softer. "It doesn't matter if we had seen that. Everyone has a hard time sometimes". I shake my head. "Of course, but I couldn't let that happen with Jace around. I didn't feel like the questions that would come." Lara gives me a small smile. "You get that now too." I nod. "But I get what you're saying about Jace. Then what the hell is going on? Because Skyler I really don't know you like that and I never saw this coming." she says calmly. "I'm really sorry. I just can't tell you what it is yet." She gives me an understanding nod. "Does Sam even know?". I nod. "Okay, that's what counts. I don't need to know either. Is everything okay between you two?". I nod again. "Yes everything is fine. It's not something between us either, but something from my past. But I should never have done that to her. Not even to you. I hope you can forgive me." Lara then stands up and spreads her arms. "Of course. Come here." I stand up and give her a hug. "What time did you want to leave tomorrow?". she asks as we let go of each other. "I think about ten o'clock." She gives me a small smile. "I was going to say I'll come with you, but let it go for now." I give her a nudge on her shoulder. "Of course I'll go with you." She says with a big smile. "Thank you Lara. Also for letting us talk this out." She then stands behind me and puts her hands on my shoulders and then pushes me forward. "It's all right. Now go upstairs quickly. There are two waiting for you." I turn my face her way. "I wonder if those two are still awake at all." I say laughing.

When I come upstairs I find only Jace in his bed. He is indeed asleep. "He was gone in seconds." Samantha says with a smile on her face as I enter our bedroom. I bend over to her and give her a kiss. "Come". I say and take her hand. "What are you up to?". she asks a little surprised. "We crawl into bed with Jace". A beautiful smile appears on her face. She hugs me tightly and gives me a kiss. "Or would you rather take a shower first?". She asks softly and I shake my head. "Or you must really want it." She then shakes her head. "I thought maybe you could use some distraction." I give her a kiss. "I'd rather cuddle close to you in bed."
Samantha is lying on her back next to Jace. I lie on her other side and put my head on her chest and my arm over her stomach. She immediately puts an arm around me. "Why did you want to lie here?". She whispers. "It's the first night he's with us. We have to enjoy it to the fullest. I've woken up before with him next to me and want you to experience that moment." She kisses me on top of my head. "I love you baby". "I love you too sweetie." It's like Jace realizes we're there. He turns all over against Samantha. It's really cute to watch. "Are you and Lara okay?". I nod. " I could still hear you here." I turn my head to give her a kiss and look at her. "Sorry. Did I also make you feel like I wanted to hurt you?" She shakes her head. "Baby I know you'd never hurt me. I could see the pain and despair in your eyes. I was afraid I'd lost you because I had no idea what was there. I saw you had to go and that I also saw when you were still fighting your feelings, only it was a bit worse now. Although you would have preferred to stay or am I wrong?". I shake my head. "I needed you very much, but I couldn't. Now I just managed to hold myself up a little bit. I think I was completely collapsed in your arms and I couldn't let that happen. And sweetie I let you never go. You are my everything. You make my life complete. Too bad for you, but I really can't live without you anymore. I love you sweetie. Please never forget that." Samantha gives me a big kiss. "I love you too". We give each other a big kiss and then fall asleep.