37

Samantha

I wake up with Jace close to me. Skyler was right, it's a wonderful feeling. "Goodmorning sweetie". I hear softly and I look at Skyler. She is on her side and is watching Jace and me. "Good morning. Are you okay baby?". She nods and kisses me. "What is it?". I ask as I wipe her tears. She gives me a beautiful smile. "I'm happy". I give her a kiss when she says that. "Me too and I think we woke someone up." I can feel Jace move and it's so cute to watch him wake up. "Sleep well, kid?" I ask as he opens his eyes and immediately has a smile on his face. "Yes, are we going to the amusement park now?". Skyler and I laugh. Jace is already jumping on the bed. "Jace not yet. It's very early." Skyler says and grabs him to put him down. She immediately starts tickling him. "Mama stop". He barely manages to bring it out laughing "Would you like to watch a movie? Then mommy and I can wake up a bit first."

Jace sits on the edge of the bed watching TV. Although he is busier telling what he wants to do today. Skyler and I are snuggling with each other, smiles on our faces. "Yes". I say when I hear a knock on the door. "Can I open the door?" I hear Casper ask. "Go ahead. Nothing exciting is happening here." Skyler says with a laugh. "Sorry did we wake you up?". I ask Casper when he enters the room. He shakes his head. "Thank you". Skyler and I say in unison as he hands us both a cup of coffee. "I've been awake for a while. Shall I take Jace downstairs? Then you can wake up quietly." I give him a nod. "Thank you Cas. Jace I'm sure you'll go downstairs with Casper. Mama and I will be right there." Jace turns around. He hadn't noticed that Casper was in the room with us. He jumps out of bed and runs to Casper and immediately gives him a hug. "Cas we're going to the amusement park". He says jumping. "Yes, and then we'll go everywhere together, but we're going to have breakfast first." Casper then takes Jace's hand. "Ladies take it easy. I'll be fine with him." he says. "Thank you Casper. The role of big brother suits you well". Skyler says and winks at him. Casper gets a big smile on his face and then takes Jace downstairs.

I roll on top of Skyler. Give her a kiss and then lay my head on her chest. "Pff he really woke up right away." I can feel Skyler laughing. "Yeah, sorry I forgot to tell you." She grabs me tight. "But I can get used to this." Skyler gets a nice smile on her face when I say that. "Yes I do too". I give her a big kiss and then lay my head back. "Unfortunately it's only for two weeks". I say softly and Skyler gently strokes my back. "I know sweetie. But this is the beginning. We are going to enjoy these two weeks. After that you will be very busy with school, to get that diploma and then we'll see what the future brings. Everything will be fine." I nod. "I can get used to this too." I say when Casper and Jace come back into the bedroom a while later. "Now don't get used to it. This is a one-time thing." Casper says with a laugh and hands Skyler and me a tray with breakfast on it. "What did we do to deserve this?" Skyler asks and Casper shrugs. "I'm just happy how things are going here. And sometimes someone just needs a little extra attention." He says the latter really aimed at Skyler. "Thank you. I really appreciate this." She says with a small smile. "This is way too much for the two of us. Will you join us for breakfast?". I ask. "It's actually meant for the two of you. I don't want to ruin your moment." I see Skyler shaking her head. "Call your sister, if she's awake at all, and then come and join us." Casper nods with a smile on his face when Skyler says so and then walks out of the bedroom. Jace has already come to sit between us. "You've never done that for me." Lara says laughing as she enters the bedroom with Casper. "Good morning by the way". she says as she falls on the bed. "Good morning. Then enjoy it extra now. I'm afraid this won't happen again soon." I say and I thoroughly enjoy that the five of us are now having breakfast in bed. I couldn't ask for a better start to the day.

We've been walking through the amusement park for a few hours. With one hand I push the buggy, which Jace is in, and then the other is in the back pocket of Skyler's pants. Skyler put her arm over my shoulders. Casper and Lara walk a short distance ahead of us. "What?". I ask Skyler. She just keeps kissing me and looking at me in love. "What? Can't I look? I can't help it it looks so good on you." She says laughing. I'll give her another big kiss. "Mama, Mommy are we going in the big wheel now?". I can still feel something about Skyler when she hears that. "Mommy will come with you. I'll go on the merry-go-round with you." I look at her in surprise. "Aren't you coming?" She shakes her head. "I'll stick with the bags." she says. "Sky, we can just take that with us." She shakes her head again. "That's not easy." Then suddenly hear Casper laugh. "I think someone here has a fear of heights." I look at Skyler again. "Not at all." She says a little unsure. "Serious?". She nods a little shyly. "Aaa how cute. My girl is afraid of heights". I say laughing. She gives me a little push on my shoulder. "Yes, that's enough. You go ahead. Make sure Jace stays seated and e holds on well." She says very seriously. I give her a big kiss. "Baby, he really doesn't fall out." She nods uncertainly. I think it's very cute to see her like that. "I'll keep Skyler company." I then look at Lara who says it. "Since when do you suffer from fear of heights?". Lara laughs. "Not. I could have a drink and use a chair." Casper meanwhile has already taken Jace out of the buggy and put him on his shoulders. "Well, mommy, will you come with us, or will you let the men go alone?". Casper is already walking away. I give Skyler a quick kiss and then follow Casper and Jace.

Jace really had his eye on the Ferris wheel. He really loved it. As the three of us walk back, I see Skyler and Lara sitting on a terrace. Glad to see it looks like they've made up for it. They have the most fun together. "Mama, Mama. Now come with me to the merry-go-round." Jace runs over to Skyler and pulls on her hand. I see the smile on her face, but also see a tear escape. "Yes mama is coming. Was the Ferris wheel fun?". she says to Jace and stands up. I quickly wipe her tear away and give her a kiss. Skyler then walks away, holding Jace by the hand. Casper and I sit down with Lara. We are talking about all sorts of things and I am mostly just catching up. "Does Skyler find it so annoying that Jace calls her Mama?". I'm a bit shocked when Casper suddenly asks. "So you notice it too." Lara then says. "No guys it isn't". Casper looks at me. "Sorry, but it doesn't look like that." He says very seriously. "I know, but Sky really loves it". I see Lara shaking her head. "That's why she reacts that way every time." I sigh. "She really loves it. Trust me now." I can see from both of them that they don't believe me. "Sam you can see how she reacts when Jace says it". I nod. "I'm not blind Lara, but I know the reason why she reacts this way". "And that is?". Casper asks. "I can't say that." He nods in understanding. "If she doesn't want it, you can just tell Jace that." I look angrily at Lara. "What am I saying? She doesn't mind. She even thinks it's a great honor." Lara shakes her head again. "Whatever". She says a little irritated. "Damn Lara. I really don't want to say it because it's a thing of the past. But will you stop if I say something about it? And promise not to let Skyler know you know?" Lara nods. "I won't tell you everything and this is already too much what I'm going to say now. Skyler can't become a mother anymore due to the accident, okay? So can you please stop now?". I say very irritated. I see the big eyes of Casper and Lara. "Shit sorry. I didn't think for a second that it could be something like that." Lara says as she puts her hands in front of her face. "No, that's clear. Just believe me next time, when I say that there is a good reason for something. Now I had to say something that I really didn't want to say and it is certainly not my job to say". Lara nods with a guilty look. "Sorry Sam. I'm sorry I took it like this." "I also have to say sorry. I shouldn't have brought it up." I nod to both. "It's all right. Another topic, because they're coming again." I know they both mean well, but this really pisses me off.

Skyler sits on my lap and rests her back against me. I immediately put my arms around her. "Mama can we go again?". Skyler shakes her head at Jace. "Mama's nauseous. I don't understand how you're not dizzy." We all laugh when Skyler says that. "That's because Mama is getting old." Skyler turns her head to me. "I love you too little one." I give her a lovely kiss. "I love you too baby." Which gives me another lovely kiss. "Jace, when you've finished your drink, we'll go home." I say and Jace nods. "What are we going to eat?" When Skyler asks, I see Casper whispering something in Jace's ear, who is sitting next to him. "Yeah. McDonalds, McDonalds". Jace yells enthusiastically. "Does Jace want that, or does Casper want that?". Skyler asks with a smile. Jace takes one look at Casper. "Cas. But neither do I". Which brings a smile to everyone. "Well okay, this time." Casper and Jace give each other a high five when Skyler says so. "Jace come. Then we'll go on the merry-go-round one more time. Then we'll really go home." Casper gets up and takes a happy Jace with him. "Pff now we have to walk all the way to the car". Skyler looks at me when I say that. "Are you tired sweetie?". I nod when she asks. Skyler stands up and holds her arms back. "Well what are you waiting for?". She asks and I jump on her back. "You really don't have to do this." Skyler  turns her head to look at me. "I'll do anything for the sweetest. All I need is a kiss in return." She doesn't have to tell me that a second time and give her a lovely kiss. "Okay lovebirds are you coming with me? I'll take these then." Lara says with a smile on her face and starts walking, taking the buggy with her. "Sweetie, I can just let you walk." Skyler says with a laugh after a while. "Mmm normally you don't have any problems with it". Skyler shakes her head. "Normally there aren't that many people." I kiss her on her temple. "Okay, okay for this time". I'll stop covering her with kisses and touching some body parts.