29

Samantha

It's been a month since I've been able to hug Jace again. Skyler and I are doing great. At school still nobody knows that we live in the same house and they don't even realize that we hang out outside of school. We can't keep our hands off each other at home. Fortunately, Lara and Casper don't mind seeing that, as they have indeed moved in with us now. Skyler and I quickly learned not to let ourselves go in the living room and the other two are now knocking before entering another room. We see Jace almost every day via facetime. That is really the most beautiful moment of the day. I'm so glad we're going back to England at the weekend and I can hold him in my arms again. I also talk a bit more with my mother. Not about the past. I can't handle that, but I'm fine with everyday things now.

Today is Skyler's birthday and I want to do something special for her. I went home with Lara after school. Skyler didn't like that very much, but I still had a few things to do. I've been sitting in the kitchen with Lara for a while, nervously waiting for Skyler to come home. "I think I hear her car." Lara gets up and goes to the front door. "Why did it take so long?". I ask when Lara comes back into the kitchen after minutes. "I don't think Skyler likes surprises much. It took me a while to convince her to change." I'm getting even more nervous than I already am. "Calm down, Sam. She's going to really like this. She just doesn't like it that she doesn't know what's going to happen. I'm going to meet her in the hall now and then I'll be back with her." Lara says reassuringly and then goes back to Skyler. I quickly light the last candles.

A few minutes later, the kitchen door opens again. "Come on, miss. I'll escort you to the table." I hear Lara say to Skyler, who is standing there wide-eyed. "What is this?". Skyler asks when I hold a chair for her that she then sits on. She sits down at the table. "It's your birthday and I thought it was a great opportunity that I now arrange a date". I say as I give her a kiss and sit down myself. She looks at me with glittering eyes. "What do the ladies want to drink?". Lara asks with a smile on her face. "Um, I could use a glass of wine." I laugh when Skyler says that. "I'm with you". When I say that, Lara will go get our drink. "Did I tell you that you look beautiful." Skyler shakes her head with a smile. "You're crazy, but that's why I love you. You don't look bad yourself, by the way." When Skyler says that, she leans over the table to kiss me. "Your food will be arriving shortly. Oh, there's the bell already." Lara puts our glasses of wine on the table and the doorbell did ring, so now she goes to the front door. "I just thought I did something wrong because you didn't want to drive home with me." Skyler says. "Sorry I had some things to do." When I say that, Lara comes back into the kitchen. "Enjoy your meal ladies. I'll leave you two alone. Have a nice evening." she says as she puts the ordered sushi on the table and then leaves the kitchen.

In a pleasant silence we are eating and mainly staring at each other. "Do you like the date so far?". Skyler nods with a big smile. "Yeah. What does the rest of the date look like?". she asks curiously. "You'll see that for yourself." When I say that, Skyler looks at me with puppy eyes and I laugh. "You really don't like it, don't you? If you don't know what's going to happen". She shakes her head. ""Okay for this time. After that we go to the cinema. Then we go watch the stars while enjoying an ice cream and we can call Jace. If you feel like it, we can finish with our daily swimming hour with the other two"". Skyler gets a big smile on her face. "Sounds like the perfect date". Then she kisses me. "What?". I ask when Skyler has been looking at me with an intense look for a long time. "I love you". I give her a kiss. "I love you too".