38

Skyler

We are finally home, after a very successful day. "I'll put this man to bed." I'll say as soon as we get in. Referring to Jace, who is sleeping in my arms. "Are you lighting the fire outside?" Samantha shakes her head. "I'll help you." She winks at me and then turns to Lara and Casper. "We'll see you outside later." Lara and Casper both nod with a smile. "Okay, see you in an hour." Casper says with a laugh and then continues walking with Lara. I walk upstairs with Jace in my arms and Samantha. "Sweetie, it just takes longer." Samantha is behind me. She has her hands on my stomach under my shirt and I regularly feel her lips on my neck. Nothing wrong with that itself, but it is if you try to take off a sleeping boy's clothes. It takes a while but then I finally managed to change his clothes and put him to bed. There was no way I could wake up Jace and I think that's very cute.

As soon as Samantha and I walk out of Jace's bedroom and I close his door, I push Samantha against the wall. "So now I have my full attention on you." I whisper in her ear and then I attack her neck with my lips. "Mmm". I move my lips to hers and our tongues meet pretty soon after. While kissing, Samantha accompanies me to the bedroom. "Here?". I ask somewhat surprised when she has pushed me on the bed. She nods and then sits over me. She takes off her shirt and looks at me with those beautiful eyes full of lust. I grab her face with both hands and put my lips on hers.

"I think it's time to go downstairs." Samantha says softly as she strokes my hair. I lie half over her with my head on her chest to recover. I have no idea how long we enjoyed each other, but you I say it was delicious. I didn't know that mine and Samantha's body had what it takes to hit the climax so many times in a row, but you definitely won't hear me complaining about that. "Do you think they will still be awake?". I ask with a smile on my face. "Well, I hope they're still downstairs anyway." She says laughing. I turn all the way on top of her and give her a kiss. "You act as if they could have heard something." We smile and give each other a kiss and then stand up. We quickly jump in the shower and then go downstairs.

Outside, Casper and Lara sit around the fire pit. They have put all kinds of goodies on the table and are playing cards. I grab a lounger, where Samantha and I take a seat close together. "We thought you weren't coming anymore." Casper says with a smile on his face. "Yeah sorry. We were... uhm.. asleep". When Samantha says that, Lara throws nuts at her. "That's why that glow hangs over you again. It tells you that you have been a bit more active than sleeping". I'm so glad it's already dark and they can't see my face. "It's still nice weather outside." The other three laugh when I say that and fortunately that also closes the subject.
We have been outside for at least two hours and the other three are playing a game and busy talking about everything. I don't get it all that well. I lie as close as possible to Samantha  and am busy on my phone. Samantha regularly kisses my head and strokes my hair. She knows what I'm doing. "May I see that last photo?" She suddenly asks, almost whispering. I hand her my cellphone. "This is a nice picture." She says after looking at the photo for a while. "Sam it's your turn". Casper says and I hear Samantha sigh. "I'll skip a turn." There is no response and in the meantime I have sat up so that I can look at Samantha better. "That photo gives me mixed feelings". When I say that I can already feel my tears coming. Samantha is right on and grabs me in a tight hug. "Everything fine?". After a while I hear Lara ask a bit uncertainly. Samantha and I let go of each other. I then nod to Lara and wipe my tears away. "Sorry I shouldn't have said anything about it now." Samantha says softly. "It doesn't matter sweetie. It might just be right. Show them the picture." I see Samantha's eyes widen. "Are you sure?". I nod and give her a kiss. "They know that something is up and you're right that I shouldn't put it away anymore". Samantha then hands the phone to Lara and then gives me a hug. "Skyler is that your kid?". Casper asks when it has been quiet for a while. I hold Samantha a little longer and then let go and nod. "Yes, that's my daughter". I can see Casper and Lara's shock, but they're trying to hide it. "What's her name and how old is she?". Lara asks. "Vera and she should be two years old now". I find it difficult to talk about it and luckily Samantha grabs me right away. "Do you mean she's no longer alive?" Lara asks a little uncertainly. I can't say anything for a while and notice that Samantha nods. "Sorry". I hear Casper and Lara say and then it falls silent.

It takes about five minutes for me to calm down again. "She was only allowed to live to be four months old. The photo you saw was taken ten minutes before her death. I have such mixed feelings about that photo. It was the first time I could hold her without all the tubes and stuff, but the was also the last time." Meanwhile, Samantha gently wipes my tears away and kisses my temple. "What did she die from?". Casper asks. "There was something wrong with her lungs. Another thing that didn't help is that she was born prematurely." When I say that, Samantha starts to cry. "Why did that day have to go like this? If Bryan had just taken time off, as intended. Then none of it would have happened." I hug Samantha again in a tight hug. "Was Vera born on the day of the accident?". I nod when Lara asks. "Due to the accident there were complications, so they had to deliver her urgently. It was an intense period and because of that I don't remember a lot I think. I'm glad the nurses took so many pictures, because I I can barely remember anything." I then give Samantha a kiss and stand up. "I'm going to grab a drink. When I come back, can we talk about something else? I'm not very good at talking about this yet." Casper and Lara nod. "I'll walk with you." Samantha gets up and together we walk inside.

When we arrived in the kitchen we gave each other a big hug. "Are you alright?". I nod when Samantha asks. "It is nice to talk about it, but I still find it difficult to discuss it with Casper and Lara". Samantha gives me a small smile. "That's what I thought and that's no problem. They understand that too. Can I ask you something about it?". I nod and then sit on the kitchen bar. Samantha sits across from me on the counter. "In the pictures I only see you and your mother. Were you a single mother?". I shrug. "No and yes. Or actually yes". Samantha gives me a weird look and I smile once. "I made the choice to try to have a baby together with my ex". When I say that, I can immediately see that Samantha is becoming insecure. "Then you really had a serious relationship." I get up and stand between her legs, but she doesn't look at me. "Sweetie, I've never felt for her the way I feel for you. In hindsight, I should never have entered into a love affair with her." Samantha then looks at me. "Why not?". She asks a bit surprised. "I think I've never really been in love with her and I think the same applies the other way around. We've been best friends for years. I got to know her when I first moved to the Netherlands and she's the only one I've always been in contact with. When we were both eighteen we went to the same study and moved in to together. One night we both had quite a drink and ended up in bed together. From then on our friendship went into a relationship. I only found out later that she shared the bed with someone else, a boy, almost all the time. I think I was more of an experiment for her or something and her chance of having children. She was always very clear about that. She wanted children from an early age and through she did not want to be the biological mother herself. I did not fully agree. I certainly did want to have children, but at a later age. She was able to convince me. Three days after we found out that I was pregnant, I caught her in bed. Then it became clear that this had been going on for years. I immediately left her, but we would have to take care of the little one together. When after the birth of Vera it turned out that it looked bad, she left me with it and she didn't want anything to do with us anymore". Samantha hugs me in a tight hug. "What ugly people there are in the world!" I give her a kiss when she says that.” You need those people too. That way you appreciate the people you love even more." I am then treated to a kiss. "Didn't she ever say anything after that?" She asks. "After Vera died she sent me a message. Six months later she visited me again. She wanted to say goodbye one more time. She only cared about one thing and I refused. That was the sign for her to leave angrily and never speak again. I have to say I haven't missed her for a second." Samantha looks at me questioningly. "You don't mean to say that she wanted another child from you?" I shake my head. "I think she knew she shouldn't ask me that. She wanted to visit the bedroom together again." Samantha then laughs. "Sorry, but I can't blame her. You have magical powers there." I give her a kiss. "Oh, is that so?" She nods. " I can also say that I have nothing to complain about it with you". We then give each other a lovely kiss. "I love you". She says when we stop the kiss after a while. I grab her hands and pull her off the counter."I love you too, sweetie. And now we better go outside before we carried away.” I wink and kiss her and then we go outside again.