22

Skyler

It was a great night. It is now three o'clock in the morning and it is finally time to go to bed. "Go ahead. I... um... Have to go to the bathroom." I nod when Samantha says. I sense that there is something, but I have no idea what. From the moment we got into the taxi she has become a lot quieter. If she wants to talk about it, she'll come to me. Maybe she just needs to process everything. Which I still need anyway. This was not the intention. Yes I've had feelings for Samantha for a long time, but it's not allowed. I had it well under control, was able to put it aside. I've missed her so much the past few days. She is like a magnet. When she is with me, I feel complete. In England I was able to sort everything out and it has become clear to me what I want. I just have to trust that everything will be fine.

I've been in bed alone for half an hour when there's a knock on the door. "Skyler can I come in for a second?". It's Lara I hear on the other end. "Yes of course". The door opens and Lara leans against the door frame. "You need to go talk to Samantha." I sit on the edge of the bed. "What is going on?". I ask concerned. "That's not for me to say. I told her that I would call you and that she should be honest with you. You have to understand that this is very difficult for her. Please be patient with her." I stand up nodding my head and walk over to Lara. "Where is she?". I ask as I walk out of my room. "In the living room". "Thank you".
In the living room I sit down next to Samantha. "Everything fine?". I ask and I see the tears running down her cheeks. I immediately hug her. "Sammy what is it?". There is silence for a few minutes. I gently stroke her back and wait for her to say something. "I'm afraid". She finally says after ten minutes. "What are you afraid of?". When I ask, she frees herself from my arms and stands up. "To go to bed". She then says very softly, after standing a little further from me. She doesn't dare to look at me. "Why?". She shrugs and then says nothing. "Have you been afraid to go to bed lately?" She shakes her head. "Then why are you scared now?" She shrugs again and says nothing. "Is it because of what happened tonight?". Then she nods. I'm getting the idea more and more that my feeling about what happened to her in the past may be right. "Are you afraid that something will change if we sleep together?". I see her nodding again. I then get up and walk over to her. When I stand in front of her I gently grab her face. I'll make sure we look each other in the eye. "I would never do anything you don't want to. It's clear that something has changed between us today, but that doesn't mean that things have changed in bed. All that matters to me is that you feel safe. I hope you can trust me in that, but I also understand if it's very difficult for you." When I say that, she grabs me tight. All I do is hold her tight and stroke her gently on her back.

"Let's go to bed." She says after we have stood like this for half an hour. "Are you sure?". She nods and then takes my hand and then we go upstairs together. "May I kiss you before going to sleep?". I ask carefully as we lie in bed together. It takes a moment and then I see a doubtful nod. "You don't want it, do you?" I ask as I look into her eyes. She then shakes her head and looks away from me. "You can just tell me that. What I just said downstairs. I don't want to do anything you don't want to. But you have to tell me." She then sighs. "But I don't want to hurt you by rejecting you." When she says that I grab her face again so she looks at me. "You won't hurt me with that. You won't hurt me until you let me do something you don't want to do. That I'm hurting you because of it. The most important thing is that you feel safe." She suddenly stands up and I look at her in surprise. For a moment I'm afraid I said something wrong. "Come". she says as she takes my hand. She takes me out of the bedroom and as soon as we are in the hallway she puts her lips on mine. "Now we can go to sleep." She says when we stop the kiss after a few minutes. She wants to walk back into the bedroom, but I grab her hand and pull her towards me. She looks at me anxiously for a moment. "Sorry. I'm not going to do anything. I just want to ask you something". She nods and sees the fear disappear again. "Are there other places besides the bedroom where you don't want me to kiss or grab you or whatever?" I ask her quietly and then she shakes her head. "Are you sure?". Then she nods. "Okay and otherwise you really have to tell me. And let me know if something doesn't feel comfortable, you really don't hurt me with that". She nods again. "Okay ready to go to sleep?". She shakes her head with a smile. Then she give me a kiss. "Now I'm ready". she says afterwards. "Sleep well Sky". she says as soon as we are in bed. "Sleep well, Sammy."

I've been awake for a while now and enjoy the view, of Samantha still sleeping in my arms. After a while I decide to get up and make breakfast, or rather lunch. The morning is almost over. "Good morning. It smells good in here." Lara is the second to wake up and walks into the kitchen half an hour after me. "Goodmorning, slept well?". She nods and then sits down at the kitchen bar. "At first I couldn't sleep, but then I heard you upstairs in the hallway. Sorry I listened to what you said. Then I knew it was okay and I slept well." I give her a small smile. "It's okay. It just shows what a good friend you are and nothing was said there that you shouldn't hear." I can see some relief in Lara then. "Now that I'm talking to you privately, I want to ask you something. What do you think of me and Samantha? I mean I'm her teacher. I know full well that what I do is forbidden. I really tried but I can't seem to go against my heart." Lara gives me a smile. "And you ask me that?". I nod. "You're her best friend and you mean everything to her. And I'm your teacher." I say as I sit next to her. "You're asking me for permission?". I shrug. "Yes, something like that. I think". Lara then laughs. "Here you have my permission. I see what you're doing to Samantha. I'd break her if I did something about it. It means something that you can touch her, there must be a reason for it. With my own eyes I can see how you two like each other. I can see how much you care about her and that's a lot more than you already show. But I warn you, don't hurt her because then you'll have a very big problem ". I give her a smile. "Yes I was afraid of that, but I will do everything I can to never hurt her". I get up to put the next load of sandwiches in the oven. "Do you love her?". I turn to Lara when she asks. "We've only known each other for a few months, but is it weird if I say yes?". Lara shakes her head. "I asked because I wanted to know if you would admit it. I already knew the answer. I can see it in your eyes." I feel my cheeks turn red and then quickly resume what I was doing.

Lara and I have been talking about something else for ten minutes now when the kitchen door opens. "Morning". Samantha walks in. She walks right over to me and gives me a kiss. Then she sits down on the counter. "So there we have Miss. got out of the bed on the wrong side". Lara says with a smile. "hmp I woke up in an empty bed". Samantha says and Lara and I laugh. "Aaa sorry Sammy. Can I make it up to you a little bit?". I hand her a cup of coffee. Samantha then purses her lips. I laugh at her behavior for a moment and then give her a lovely kiss. "Mmm. This is good for my mood." Samantha says and I continue what I was doing. In between I regularly stand between Samantha's legs to steal a hug. "What?". I ask Lara who shakes her head laughing as I hug for the umpteenth time. "Nothing. I just didn't expect you as such a hugger". She says and Samantha laughs. "If there's anyone who wants to cuddle all day long, it's her." I then look at Samantha when she says that. "And do you mind?". She shakes her head hard. "Absolutely not and I am very happy that I can now also do this while cuddling". Then I get another lovely kiss. I can really get used to this. Not much later Casper is also awake and the four of us are having a nice meal together.