[ 29 ]

《Chapter 29 - fighting to survive》

I took a small breath, wiping the last bit of tears from my face. I gradually stood up before taking steps towards him.

Takemichi continued to speak, to which Mikey just sat in silence, staring at his lap. Nothing seems to be relevant for him.

As I went closer, takemichi bowed before walking into my direction. His eyes glued to the floor, not soon after his eyes meeting mine.

"Y/N-chan!!!" Takemichi called out, startled by my sudden appearance.

His tears started to build up as he looked at me. I walked towards him as I took heavy steps filled with thousands emotions.

"I am sorry!!! I couldn't protect Emma and Mikey-kun." Takemichi stated.

I offered him a small smile before placing my hand in his shoulder,  "Don't worry takemichi-kun, you did your best. Don't Blame yourself. Her fate was already decided." I said as I looked down.

"Y/N-chan!!!!!!" Takemichi uttered as tears fell down on his cheeks.

I glanced at him with a small smile, before walking again.
Soon after, the corridors became deafening silence. I can hear my footsteps and my heart beating inside of me.

I am scared,
But I need to be strong for Mikey's sake.

I placed my purse next to him, as I squat down in front of him, gazing at his emotionless eyes. I then, took a soft tissue out before glancing back at him.

I cupped his face carefully, which was all bruised and battered, with blood covering some parts of his face. I slowly and with great precaution started to wipe the blood, making sure it didn't hurt him.

Mikey was already broken, i didnt wanted to add to it. I kept my mouth shut, because even I was clueless on how to comfort him when he had lost everything.

First his brother,
Then his best friend,
And now his sister.

Mikey didn't give me a single response nor took a glimpse of me. I didn't mind as I knew very well that he wasn't in his right state of his mind. 

I continued to clean the blood before speaking softly and almost in a whisper, "This reminds me of our childhood."

I giggled slightly, before continuing with my actions, "the time near the cafe park, and how you fell down while running up to me. Your face was all covered in mud and you looked like a beautiful dorayaki-kun."

I smiled a little, as I remembered our sweet past.
Still no response,
he continued to stare at the floor.

My smile soon faded as I realised that whatever I'll say won't affect him.
I stopped with my actions, as I now took his hand and placed it in mine. I holded it firmly before squeezing at it tightly.

"Emma won't be happy, if she finds out you are sitting here like some old statue." I responded.

I bit the inside of my mouth as I was doing my best to keep my tears away.

I got up before throwing the tissue in the bin. I then walked back and sat next to him, as once again I holded his hands.

"Mikey, once someone told me that you should never keep your emotions to yourself." I spoke.