Chapter 6 All Eyes on You

Featured soundtrack.

Fort Estienne, the villa prepared for Laura, was a well constructed modern design incorporating top notch security. A two story edifice, it had a long winding pathway from the gate to the house, a meticulously kept garden with knee high hedges, a ten foot high wall with CCTVs all around and even a fingerprint and retinal scanning system for entry. Laura felt a little like she was entering a high security vault and doubted she would come out of it any time soon.

"Fort Estienne... the 'fort' part I get, what with all the security, but why the French name for crown?" she asked Andrew.

"Mr. Talavera picked the name. Since you're the - ahem, heiress, he decided crown would be a good name." he replied. Laura almost sighed in disbelief at that. "You'll be safe here, all your things have been shifted here and the staff has had triple background checks." Andrew continued.

"Staff?" Laura asked.

"The cook, cleaner and gardener. They'll come during the day only, so only Ji Hoon will be around at night. Felix will also be on-hand if you ever need to run any errands or go out. Ji Hoon of course will be guarding you twenty four seven." Andrew said. Laura felt more uncomfortable at that last bit of information.

"Doesn't he even get a day off? I won't need personal protection if I'm inside the house, right?" she asked.

"Mr. Talavera doesn't want to take any chances. He doesn't want to fence you in so you're still free to go outside. Only with Ji Hoon." Andrew explained. Laura sighed inwardly. Not that she minded Ji Hoon; she just wasn't used to having a shadow. This would be hard to get used to.

"Here we are. Home sweet home." Andrew said as they entered the house. "There are two bedrooms upstairs with connecting bathrooms, a kitchen, living room, dining room and a study. Your room is in the west wing and Ji Hoon's in the east."

"We're on the same floor?" she asked, glancing at Ji Hoon in apprehension. He had been quiet so far although she suspected he was as uncomfortable as she was about the arrangement and was probably trying to hide his own opinion.

"Just in case..." Andrew trailed off, "Is that the time? I have to get back to work; those reporters must've made their way to Talavera Group by now. Oh, but before I go, Ji Hoon? There's one more task on the checklist." He gave Ji Hoon a meaningful look.

"Now? But she just got here. Shouldn't I stay to make sure everything's secure?" he asked reluctantly.

"No can't do, Mr. Talavera wants to meet you and -" Andrew eyed Ji Hoon's outfit, "You need to get ready for it." Laura wondered what they meant.

"This had better be quick." Ji Hoon said gruffly. He turned to Laura.

"I'll be back soon okay? Give me a call if anything unusual happens." He said.

"Okay..." Laura complied and watched the two head out. She went over to the couch, wincing a little as her ribs hurt. That short trip from the hospital had tired her out; after making sure her phone was near her, she turned on some classical music and dozed off.

 That short trip from the hospital had tired her out; after making sure her phone was near her, she turned on some classical music and dozed off