Chapter 9 Plans and Precautions

"Sir? I think you need to see this." Jung 's secretary came in holding a manila envelope. He was the President of the OIS, the Organization of Intelligence Services in Daejeon, South Korea.

"What is it, Yong Un?" He asked looking up.

"One of our agents sent a report from America." Yong Un said. "It's concerning the Rogue Ranger." Baek Hyeon glanced up as though he got an electric shock.

"It can't be..." he rasped with a look of recognition."We haven't heard that name for ages! Are you sure it is – the Rogue Ranger?"

"It appears so sir. They've found a lead on his whereabouts." Yong Un said.

"He avoided detection for two years..." Baek Hyeon gritted his teeth. He read the report keenly before putting it down. He intertwined his hands thoughtfully.

"Sir? What do you propose we do?" Yong Un asked. Baek Hoon flattened his palms on the table.

"We take a flight to New York. I want a group of our top intelligence agents ready. We have to approach him wisely this time."

"He might escape us before we can get him again sir."

"Yes... there is a chance of that. He is more intelligent and elusive than half our men put together... I trained him too well."

"If we approach him slowly, set a trap for him, we might be able to corner him."

"Perhaps. He must not see it coming. I must bring him to a point where he will give himself up. That will be a challenge since he has nothing to lose..."

"What will you do once you have him sir?"

"What I should've done the day he betrayed us – finish him." Baek Hyeon's face contorted with rage as he clenched his fists. "Brief agent Yoo Min Seo. She'll come in handy in drawing the Rogue Ranger into our trap."

"Yes sir." Yong In said and left.

Baek Hyeon took out a framed photo of himself with a young boy, not older than fifteen from his desk drawer.

"Kim Ji Hoon, did you think you could run forever? I found you at last."

The cell phone that was on the dining table buzzed with an incoming call

The cell phone that was on the dining table buzzed with an incoming call. Ji Hoon glanced at it, then answered it.

"Are you missing me or something?" he asked. "You're calling a lot these days. Andrew's sarcastic guffaw came at the other end.

"Ha ha. Don't flatter yourself. I'm calling to warn you that the media have you in their sights. They got a hold of the 'mysterious boyfriend' Laura Talavera's been hiding from Wetmore and want to know who he is. She's not the only target of attention anymore."

"What do you want me to do about it? You already assured me you'd get me a new identity."

"I'm just saying keep your head down. Reporters are hounding Talavera Headquarters and they'll be at Fort Estienne soon."