Chapter 16 Break a Sweat

Laura stared at him pondering how to respond to that. She clenched and unclenched the sheets.

"I don't want you to be afraid," she said. "I don't want to make you weak."

"No, you didn't understand me Laura." He said, her name sounding like silk on his tongue. "I want to have a weakness; a weakness for you. An excuse to love you. But –"

"Stop." Laura said, lightly touching his lips. "Please. The only thing I was afraid of was that you didn't feel the same way I did. But now that I know better, I don't want anything to stand between us."

"Laura..." Ji Hoon said, stroking her cheek, "I'm just your bodyguard. I have a past, a history that would cast a shadow over your life if I allowed this. You have your own life to live once all this is over. I'm not the kind of person you should keep around in your life. When I know you're safe, I'll leave quietly without you knowing it."

"Isn't that my decision?" she asked. "What if I want to keep you in my life? What if I can't bear to let you go?" Ji Hoon's expression became pained.

"Then you'd make it difficult for me to leave." He said.

"Good. Because I don't want you to leave. I want you." she said with an unbreakable gaze. Ji Hoon clenched his jaw.

"Do you know how much you're tempting me?" he asked. Laura placed her hand over his heart. She could feel the smooth lines of his chest beneath his t-shirt and let her hand slide up and down.

"I'll do whatever it takes to make sure nothing stands between us." She said. He suddenly grabbed her hand and pinned it down on the pillow, forcing her flat on her back while he hovered over her.

"What if I turned and walked away?" he asked in a hard voice. "What if I took back everything I just said? Would you believe me and move on? Would you let me go?"

"No." Laura said, shaking her head. "Nothing you say can make me leave you. Because you already showed me your heart." Ji Hoon swallowed heavily. Laura saw his Adam's apple bob while he contemplated.

"Why are you doing this to me Laura?" he asked, letting go of her hand. She brought both her hands around his neck and pulled him close.

"Because – I'm falling in love too." She said before planting a delicate kiss on his lips. He responded after a minute, closing his eyes and taking control. His hands flattened on either side of her as he deepened the kiss. Laura began to moan at his intensity; she hadn't been kissed like this since her birthday. She clawed at his shirt pulling him closer. She let his tongue play between her lips, a warm tingling spreading through her body. A few more minutes and she knew she would lose her mind. But Ji Hoon suddenly withdrew.

"I'm too dangerous for you Laura." He said, breathing heavily as he stared at her. He lay back next to her. Laura gave a little smile.

"I can be dangerous too." She said, twisting his shirt in her hand.

"I know that. You could keep me up all night if you wanted. Go to sleep. I'm not going anywhere." He said, touching her face. Laura took his hand in hers, holding it firm to her face.

"Good." she said, closing her eyes.

" she said, closing her eyes