Chapter 17 Stepping Out

That night the air was so saturated, Laura wished there was a window she could open. But at the same time she was glad all the boundaries between them had fallen. Well, almost all. She knew he was still keeping something from her. She intended to get it out of him somehow but she didn't want to make him clam up again. Ji Hoon joined her in bed again, this time without complaint.

"What, no protests today?" she asked, lying beside him. He turned to her.

"I didn't think you'd mind." He said. She clutched his shirt collar and pulled him closer.

"I don't." she said with a smirk. He returned it, letting his hand slide across her waist.

"Do you mind this?" he asked. Laura shook her head. He tightened his grasp, pulling her close so she was pressed against his chest.

"What about now?" he asked. Laura traced lines with her fingertips across his neck and chest, hoping it would drive him to distraction.

"Kim Ji Hoon, do you really think you can scare me away?" she asked. He gave a soft laugh.

"After seeing your prowess today... Not at all." He said lifting her chin so that her neck was exposed. He ducked his head to reach it, trailing fiery wet kisses down to her collar bone. Laura quivered at the feeling, biting back a moan. She had to show him she was strong enough to take the heat.

"You're holding up well." Ji Hoon said, sensing her thoughts. Laura trailed her fingernails lightly down his chest.

"So are you." she said breathily. He took her hand and planted kisses along her wrist. Butterflies soared in Laura's stomach.

"Ji Hoon..." she called softly. He looked at her.

"Am I too much for you?" he asked. She shook her head.

"Never." She said, running her hands through his hair. It was soft and long, and she enjoyed being able to feel him like this.

"Ji Hoon, what are we?" she asked when he lay down to gaze at her. He brought her fingers to his lips kissing each one.

"Why do you want to know?" he asked.

"Because I want us to be real. I want... more with you." she said.

"Social statuses aside?"

"Yes."

"Laura, as long as you want me, I'm here. I'm yours. You'll never have to doubt that. Whatever the future brings, I can only hope I'll still be with you. If you want me to."

"I do." She said softly. She gave a little yawn.

"I just hope one day there'll be no secrets between us." She said sleepily. Ji Hoon kissed her forehead.

"I'll do whatever it takes to keep you safe Laura. But yes, one day I'll show you my all." He said.

"Mmm. That's enough for me. "Laura said, snuggling into his chest. Ji Hoon held her close.

"Get some sleep. We have a lot to do tomorrow." He said.

" He said