Chapter 12 A Nest Stirred Up

The words had barely left Ji Hoon's mouth before he dropped to one knee and gave them all a leg sweep, knocking them to the ground. He then spoke into his collar.

"Naga." He said before straightening up and fending off the men. Laura covered her mouth in horror, watching the fight from above. But she had her instructions from Ji Hoon earlier: go to my room. There's a bag and an earpiece on my bed table. Take the bag with you and put the earpiece on. If something goes wrong, wait for my signal. As soon as you hear the word 'naga', get out onto the fire escape from my room and go to the garage. Get in the car. Lock the doors. Wait for me to come. Trembling in fear, Laura ran to Ji Hoon's room and did what he asked. Then she went out onto the fire escape. Her heart palpitating in her chest, she climbed down, praying not to slip. Worry for Ji Hoon made her palms wet and the cold metal bars stung her hands. She desperately wanted to go back for Ji Hoon but she was no match for those men – they could kill her in an instant. Tears in her eyes, she made her way to the garage hoping her feet wouldn't trip her.

"Ji Hoon, please don't get hurt." She said to herself.

Ji Hoon meanwhile was twisting a few limbs and had managed to crack a bone or two in the men who fought him.

"You know what's a dead giveaway for thugs?" he asked in Korean. "They don't read."

"Shut up! Whatever you're rambling in Chinese doesn't fool me!" Zane growled trying to pin Ji Hoon to the ground. Ji Hoon adroitly twisted out of his grasp and wrapped his legs around Zane's neck, choking him. At the same time, he swept his fingers onto the other men's necks, choking them.

"Pabo-dil. You can't even tell it's Korean." He said. One of the men pulled out a short knife and was about to stab Ji Hoon but he saw it and flipped out of the way, knocking the knife away with his foot in the process.

"Weapons? Aish, you guys are so weak. You can't fight with your fists so you bring out the training wheels." Ji Hoon said, dealing rapid punches in their faces. One of the men tried to charge at him but he stuck out his leg and with a solid kick, sent him flying backwards over the dining table, shattering the water glasses.

"I've had enough of this." Zane said, pulling out a gun. Ji Hoon saw him and pulled out his own gun a millisecond quicker and shot Zane's arm without a second thought. Zane let out a yell and swore, dropping his gun.

"Ill-mannered ruffians. I used to fight cowards like you when I was fifteen." Ji Hoon said in Korean. He pointed his gun at the other two men, crawling on the floor.

"Hands." He said in English. They unwillingly lifted their hands to their heads.

"We need backup." One of them suddenly said. Ji Hoon exhaled.

"Yes you do. But you won't get it in time." He said, eyeing their earpieces.

Laura had reached the garage and shut the door. She spotted another car full of men come in through the gate and gasped, hiding quickly in the garage. She was fiddling with the car door keys with shaking fingers when she heard a shot. Her heart stopped and she felt the air cut off from her lungs. That shot came from inside the house. She turned to the back door, terrified. What if – Ji Hoon had been shot?

She got into the car quickly, hyperventilating. The panic threatened to overtake her. She clung to the car seat tightly.

"No... Ji Hoon hasn't been shot. He's not hurt. He's safe. He has to be." She told herself between gasps. Tears flowed from her eyes as her panic rose.

"Ji Hoon, please come quickly! I'm scared!" she sobbed. The next minute, the garage backdoor slammed open making her scream. She turned around and saw Ji Hoon swing through, shooting behind him. He slammed the door and pulled a chair in front of it in such a way that it blocked the handle from being opened. Then he sprinted to the driver's side and got in.