11 | A party for the win

"Listen here everyone! Today is the first game and it could be your last

"Listen here everyone! Today is the first game and it could be your last.If you want to be in a pro swimmers team you need to start working and showing how much your worth it.Are you ready?"

"Yes coach!"

"Now get out there and kick asses!"

We start warming up and the competition starts with categories or as they call it strokes and each swimmer of each team is selected to be in one.

I am categorised in breaststroke with Alex.At least one of us needs to win this.

Dylan is categorised in backstroke.

In the end who was the fastest from each group will be the one who does the category as in freestyle.

The competition starts in 15 minutes.I am trying to look on the stands but I don't see her.What was I thinking?

She won't be here.

The competition started and the first to go are the category front crawl stroking.Me.

I am nervous since this year is final for all of us and if I don't do my best and each game I won't be an official pro swimmer.

We all get in a line and ready to jump when the count down is over.

...1...

...2...

...3...

Go!

I jump and my arms and legs automatically react to the sudden contact with water.

I start swimming in furious speed.It's a 200m swim and my muscles are burning but it's not something I haven't felt before.I can handle it.

I hear the crowd yelling and I try to not get distracted.In the corner of my eyes, through the goggles I see the other swimmers far behind me.

It's called training since the day you learned to swim.

Not to brag but I have worked hard all my life,for it to go to waist in just one competition.

Nobody is perfect.

I reach the wall under water and I stop. The announcer screamed my name through the microphone.I won 1st place in the category.

I hope I was the fastest from all categories so I could do the freestyle category and win first place over all.

I get back to the changing rooms.I check my phone for any messages from Aila but no.

Is she mad that I left her alone the other night?

Every category was finished except for one.

Freestyle.

We were all waiting for the announcement of the fastest swimmer from each team.