𝟎𝟐𝟗. girl talk

❝𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐤❞

❝𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐤❞

{THIRD PERSON POV}

They all made it to Auradon from what felt like a long, awkward car drive.

"I'll get these back to the gym," Lonnie told Jay as the group walked in the courtyard.

"Thanks," Jay told the daughter of Mulan.

"See you later," Lonnie said before walking away.

"Ben there you are," Jane said as she walked over to Ben, "The Cotillion is tonight. Come here," Jane showed him the surprise for Blake, "Look, this is the stained glass for Blake. Isn't it beautiful? He's gonna love it."

Ben turned to Blake, who was standing there, lost in thought, "Do you want to cancel?" Ben asked Blake, quietly but Jane heard him.

"Um," Jane said, awkwardly, "You know, I can come back-"

"No, no, no," Ben cut off Jane, "No, no. Now's fine," Ben said before turning to Blake, "Do whatever you need to do," Ben told Blake before walking off with Jane.

Mal and Evie walked over to Blake and grabbed both of his arms.

"We need to talk," Evie told Blake.

"Like right now," Mal added.

"Yeah," Blake said before they started to walk away but someone stopped them.

"No," Carlos said, causing the three to turn to look at him.

"No?" Mal asked, confused.

"You guys are always going off in a huddle, whispering your 'girl talk' stuff or whatever," Carlos told them, quoting the words girl talk with his hand, "and Jay and I are tired of it."

"I'm not," Jay told the girls and Blake.

"We're your family, too," Carlos told the girls and Blake, softly, "We've been through a lot. Together. We're not stopping that now, okay?" Carlos continued as they nodded, "Everyone sit," Carlos ordered. They all looked at him, weirdly before sitting down on the grass. They looked at Carlos, waiting for him to start the 'girl talk', "I don't know how to start girl talk," Carlos admitted before looking at Jay.

 They looked at Carlos, waiting for him to start the 'girl talk', "I don't know how to start girl talk," Carlos admitted before looking at Jay

"What up?" Jay asked, also unsure how to start the conversation, causing Mal and Evie to laugh a little.

"Um, well," Blake started, "I'm a mess. I'm such a mess," Blake nervously chuckled, "I mean, six months ago I was, you know, trying to eat someone's liver and now everybody wants me to this Gentlemen of the Court and I have no idea how to keep up the act," Blake's voice cracked a little at the end.

"Then don't," Carlos told Blake like it was simply.

"See, this was dumb," Jay said as he started to stand up but Mal stopped him.

"Maybe it wasn't," Mal told Jay, causing him to sit back down as Mal held Blake's hand, "We're always going to be the kids from the Isle. I tried to forget, I really tried but those are our roots and we all did what we had to do to survive."

"But it made us who we are and we are never going to be like anyone else here and that's okay. That's okay," Evie finished for Mal.

"And we can't fake it," Jay said, softly.

"Yeah, I mean, especially without my spell book," Blake mentioned.

"Bub, if Ben doesn't love the real you, then he's not the one," Carlos advised Blake.

"I like that," Mal said.

"Give him a chance, blaze," Jay told Blake.

"I'm going to make some changes to your suit," Evie told Blake, "And if you're up for it, only it you're up for it, it'll be waiting for you," Evie hugged Blake as Mal squeezed Blake's hand before she and Evie stood up with Carlos, Jay, and Mal, leaving Blake with his thoughts. Carlos looked back at Blake for a second before going to sit in front of him.

"Come to Cotillion tonight, alright?" Carlos told Blake, softly, "If Ben isn't smart enough to love you and you can't stand another day. I'll drive you back tomorrow myself, okay?" Carlos smiled at Blake causing Blake to smile back.

Blake chuckled, "You've grown up, haven't you?"

Carlos hummed, "Yeah, I guess you could say that."

"Well, as much as I like that, I still need you to stay as my little bean," Blake playfully ruffled Carlos, causing the younger to pout and Blake to laugh.

"I'll always stay as your little bean," Carlos responded back, softly.

Blake hummed as he nodded, "Good, I would hate it if you didn't." Carlos and Blake shared a smile before Carlos stood up and walked away, leaving Blake with his thoughts.

Blake sighed, softly, "If only I knew what my heart was telling me. Don't know what I'm feeling. Is this just a dream?" Blake sang softly, "Ah oh, yeah If only I could read the signs in front of me I could find the way to who I'm meant to be, Ah oh, if only If only."

"What am I gonna do?" Blake mumbled to himself.