𝟎𝟑𝟓. to keep auradon safe

━━━━⋆。˚🐺👑🌹⋆。˚━━━━

❝ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗢𝗡 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗪𝗢𝗟𝗙 𝟯 ❞

𝐓𝐨 𝐊𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐀𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐧 𝐒𝐚𝐟𝐞

{THIRD PERSON POV}

The next morning Mal, Blake and Ben met up with Belle, Beast, and Fairy Godmother.

"I think we all know why we're here," Beast told the group, "The people are in a panic about Hades and The Big Bad Wolf," Beast told Ben, Mal and Blake. Ben scoffed as Blake and Mal stayed silent with their arms crossed, "They almost got out."

"Who knows what he would've done if he had escaped?" Fairy Godmother asked.

"We can't risk having another villain on the loose," Beast told Ben, Mal and Blake.

"I really feel like this is my fault," Blake told the group, "I'm supposed to protect Auradon."

"You did," Ben told Blake, "You do protect Auradon."

"Every time we open the barrier, we're exposed to danger," Beast told the teens, "Maleficent, Zion, The Big Bad Wolf, Hades."

Then all of sudden Ben's phone went off, Ben checked the text he received before turning to the group, "Maleficent's scepter and the Queen's crown have been stolen," Ben told the group.

"Zion?" Beast exclaimed.

"We don't know that dad," Ben told his dad.

"When the people hear this, they will never want to leave their houses," Belle said, "What do we tell them?" Belle asked the group before turning to Blake and Mal, "Blake? Mal? What do we do? How do we keep evil out of Auradon?"

Mal and Blake looked at each for a moment as everyone turned to look at them.

"We think that there's only...one way to guarantee their safety and we think that there..." Mal hesitantly answered.

"...Can't be anymore going in and out. I think we have to close the barrier...forever," Blake finished for Mal, hesitantly. Ben shook his head in disbelief as the adults nodded in agreement.

"No," Ben said as he started to walk away.

"Son," Beast called after Ben.

"No," Ben muttered as he walked away.

"Ben," Blake said, softly, as he followed his fiancé.

"No, no, no, no," Ben muttered as he still continued to walk.

"Ben, hey," Blake said as he stopped Ben and grabbed Ben's hands, "I do not want to take away your dream because it was so beautiful and it is one of the many reasons why I'm in love with you, but as King and Co-King, what is our duty?"

"To protect Auradon," Ben muttered as he looked at Blake, "But do you know what this means? All those kids? Are you prepared for that?"

"I know what this means..." Blake nodded his head, sadly, "...and no, I am not prepared for it. I just think that we have no other choice."

"Son?" Beast said, softly as he stepped forward as Ben and Blake looked at him, "Blake and Mal are right."

"I just don't think that we would forgive ourselves if something terrible happened," Mal said.

Blake pecked Ben's lips, smiling sadly at him as Ben weakly smiled, nodding.