𝟎𝟒𝟒. break this down

❝𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐨𝐰𝐧❞

❝𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐨𝐰𝐧❞

{THIRD PERSON POV}

The next day was Blake and Ben's engagement party, music started playing as Blake and Ben walked out, holding hands.

"There they are," Evie exclaimed as everyone bowed and curtsied to the couple.

Everyone cheered as they walked up the stairs towards the balcony that overlooked the party. They stood at the edge of the balcony before looking down at everyone.

"Sir Blake and I want to thank you for celebrating our engagement with us today," Ben announced to the crowd before turning to Blake, "I couldn't be prouder or happier to call you my King. So..." Ben picked up his glass and turned back to the crowd, "Raise your glasses to our future Co-King of Auradon."

"To our Co-King of Auradon," The crowd echoed back before cheering.

"Speech, your Special-ness," Carlos jokingly called up to Blake.

"Speech, your Fancy One," Jay added as everyone laughed.

Everyone looked up at Blake, waiting, as he hesitated while he looked across at the Isle of the Lost. Everyone exchanged confused looks.

"I can't," Blake blurted as everyone gasped, "I can't be Co-King of Auradon."

"Blake," Ben whispered, confused, as he stepped closer to Blake as Blake turned to him.

"I can't turn my back on the Isle," Blake told Ben before turning back to the crowd, "We made a decision... to close the barrier forever and it was my idea but it's wrong," Blake looked down at Mal and Evie as they were looked up at him proudly, with tears in their eyes, grinning, "I've learned... that you can't live in fear... because it doesn't actually protect you from anything. You never know where the bad is gonna come from and you never know where the heroes are gonna come from either. Without Zion, Uma and their pirates, Auradon would be gone. And without Hades... Mal's father..." Blake paused as everyone, besides his friends, gasped in shock, "...Audrey would be gone. We are all capable of good and bad, no matter which side of the barrier we come from," Blake told the crowd before turning to Ben, who was looking at him with a proud smile, "And that's why I can't be Co-King of just Auradon. I have to be King of the Isle, too and it's time that we take the barrier down, forever."

"We can't do that," Beast whispered to the two.

"It's up to us dad," Ben told his dad before he turned to the crowd, "I choose to be a King who moves forward. It's time for forgiveness, It's time for new beginnings. The barrier will come down!"

"Yes! Whoo!" Carlos cheered causing everyone to laugh.

"Bring it down, Blake," Ben told Blake as Blake cupped Ben's face, pecking his lips, softly.