CHAPTER X: after hours

⋆🏁⋆

⋆🏁⋆

══════ PAST ══════

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

🛑 TW : none.

🚦     Y/H/C : your hair color

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

THE FOOTSTEPS TREADING down the steps made an obvious cascading noise against the concrete, y/n's chains and accessories on their purse making clinking noises while it dangled. then the unprecedented sound of a motorcycle engine revving caught their ears, instantly making them whip their head up. "hey hermosa! how the fuck did you not notice me?" quackity called out, a goofy smile on his face.

you quietly gasped. "alex!" you called out, prying your attention away from your phone and running down the steps. you gave him a big hug, almost tackling him, making him giggle. he attempted to lift you off the ground and spin you, holding onto you tightly while you felt your feet falling out of contact with the ground.

both of you let out loud giggles and laughter, quackity having to put you down as he felt himself losing his grip. he didn't realize he held you in a semi-dipping position while you two laughed, slowly letting go of you as to not make you uncomfy. "can i just say you have a long ass shift. i was gonna take you to an ice cream parlor but it closed." quackity said, prompting you to lightly smack him on the shoulder with a smile. "would you have paid for me though?" you asked.

quackity laughed right at you. "hell no! i know you make a shit load of money every race! don't you make me pay now, mr. pit crew member!" you two playfully shoved each other for a bit. when finally calming down, quackity handed you a helmet. you patted the top of his dark blue LAFD beanie before both of you strapped the helmets on your heads, getting on his motorcycle.

he drove around for a while, some of the city streets you recognized while some you didn't know existed. quackity always took you to some of the most beautiful abandoned spots in the city anyways. you wondered where he's gonna take you this time. he sped up a bit as he went over a ramp and crossed a bridge. you recognized the area as the famous strait, separating two cities and creating a passage to a beach.

eventually, you two made it to a location, quackity parking the motorcycle, hearing its ignition humming to a full turn off. the two of you took off your helmets, leaving it behind while quackity gently took your hand in his and led you to the edge of a cliff. the tall grass blades swayed within the passing breeze, following the direction of your flowing hair. at the bottom of the cliff lay the calm strait, its waters being dancers while the cliffs cinching it on either side were its stage.

you gazed out at the vast ocean to the left, seeing no end beyond its horizons. just the very thought that the opportune land of the americas was a plane ticket all the way to the imperceptible from what you can currently see was somewhat bizarre. while scanning around once more, you noticed that you could spot the piece of the unfinished monorail track that quackity showed you the first time you met him, making you crack a smile.

quackity dragged you to the ground, tugging on your arm to make you fall down on him. you two laughed as you noticed how close the proximity was to each other's faces. you adjusted yourself and ended up laying your head on quackity's stomach, one of your legs propped up while you felt his hand gently playing with your hair. he twirled each y/h/c lock between his fingers, both of your eyes watching the nighttime stars.

"that one right there.." you pointed your finger up at the brighter star cluster in the sky. "that's pleiades." you said proudly, looking at quackity with a smile on your face. he looked back down at you, mirroring your expression with glimmering eyes. you two spent the rest of the time laying in the grass at the top of the cliff, talking about the universe, and attempting to hunt down the constellations that were part of the blanket of glittery gas balls in the sky, wondering if a shooting star will ever pass by.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

A/N.
WHEN AUTHOR SPEAKS.
my dumb ass didn't realize that quackity low key cat called y/n. but uh at least he fucking respectful so here's your quackity comfort chapter

w.c.: 700+