CHAPTER XXVII: you're okay now

⋆🏁⋆

⋆🏁⋆

══════ PAST ══════

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

🛑 TW : obsessive behavior.

🚦     another one of those chapters with the past to present transition

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

*

🚥 THE NIGHT OF GEORGE'S PURSUIT 🚥

*

" GEORGE! SAPNAP! I GOTTA GO!" dream made his words sound like a statement and plead simultaneously, an eagerness laced in his voice that displayed anticipation. he knocked briefly on sapnap's door only to realize that sapnap said he'd be out tonight at a friend's house. dream groaned, quickly turning towards george's bedroom door and knocking. "hey george! i'm sorry to wake you up but-"

dream cut himself off when he impatiently turned the doorknob and entered, seeing george nowhere in the room. the site of george's messy bedsheets made him frown. "george?" he questioned in a much calmer voice but still projecting himself, confused. he looked around once more before his eyes captured something odd: there was a flickering, orange yellowish color coming from the crack underneath george's closet.

dream did a double take of this, squinting and stepping closer to indeed see the color flickering from beneath the closet. he took one look around, finding no sign of george, deciding to snoop around a bit. upon turning the doorknob and opening george's closet, dream felt his whole body shutter, instantly recoiling and flinging himself backwards, landing on his butt on the floor.

there was a single candle lit up, flame dancing very slowly and then picking up speed to twirl around at an irregular pace. that's not what freaked him out though. right behind the candle was a shrine of you, dream staring with intense shock at rather lewd photos of you taken through bedroom windows, and photos of you walking down the street that looked like shots taken by a paparazzi. all of these photos were plastered on a small cork-board, combined with some strands of your hair that were pinned to its corners, making dream feel sick to his stomach. wilbur was right.

*

🚥 BACK TO SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING  🚥

*

" YEAH. THOSE WERE good times." y/n spoke with a soft smile on their face, proceeding to eat another spoonful of the chocolate pudding in their lap. sam sat in a chair beside their bed, watching them eat. sam smiled as well. "well, besides that, i'm glad you're feeling better." he said, seeing you nod in confirmation.