CHAPTER XI: offroad tire tracks

⋆🏁⋆

⋆🏁⋆

══════ PAST ══════

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

🛑 TW : obsessive behavior.

🚦 Y/F/F : your favorite flower(s)

🚦 DEFINITIONS / definitions within reading are marked by an asterisk ( * )

       * petrichor - a pleasant smell that frequently accompanies the first rain after a long period of warm, dry weather.

╔═════ ▓▓ 🚦↬

↫🚦 ▓▓ ═════╝

↫🚦 ▓▓ ═════╝

DREAM'S ON A THIRD victory streak, wilbur has been frustrated, you've been dropping by the cactus bar once in a while to hangout with callahan and techno, and george has been way more affectionate to you. overall, it's just been a... weird week.

to put it into perspective, it felt like george and wilbur were slowly trying to cave into you (more like trying to get you to cave into them), attempting to speak with you and be around you every second you breathe. they latch on like their lives depended on it and never let go like any good friend would right? of course, you were oblivious though. after an interim of stress, wilbur decided to call you, hearing your oh-so-sweet, melodic voice again, his heart feeling like the gates of heaven were opening once more. then you two began hanging out more, having breakfast together almost daily.

he brought up the topic of why you quit working for him, noticing that he was losing victories... not only that but you as well. that's all he cared about these days. you brushed it off, not really wanting to talk about it but just giving him some details that pushed his thoughts around, prompting him to keep his mouth shut on the subject, which you were grateful for. he was a great friend. then came along another lonely brit: george.

since the whole dream incident going on, all george wanted was to make sure you didn't feel stressed out or belittled. he thought it was completely unfair that dream seemed to have more control over you than he does. dream shouldn't be your main focus. he shouldn't dictate how you feel about yourself. you're beautiful and radiate your esteem on your own. who the fuck needs dream anyways? he would write in his special journal.

so to rekindle his inner amends and to have an opportunity to get closer to you, george decided to do the same exact thing as wilbur: hangout with you and talk to you as much as possible. he obviously took up more chunks of your time than wilbur since you always went over the dream team's apartment and he always hung around you on your breaks from work, following you around like a lost puppy, then going out with you to have dinner or get takeout in the luxury of his bedroom.

today was just another day for george, him clutching a small bouquet of y/f/f and some candies while making a beeline straight for your office. he was elated to find your office door opened, clearly spotting you from inside, working behind your desk. his pace fastened before coming to a halt to quiet himself, standing at your doorway and knocking on it to get your attention. you instantly looked up, recognizing george.

a smile spread on your face as you stood up, giving george a warm hug in which he felt flustered by. i could look at that smile all day. he thought to himself. "how are you?" you asked, your voice filling his eardrums, hitting the brightest parts of his soul. "i'm doing great, y/n/n. here. i got these for you." george responded with an excited smile on his face, giving you the gifts he got you like he always did every morning ever since you've gotten closer to him.

he paid close attention to the way your eyes lit up, making sure that he was definitely making you happy right now. if only you knew how fast my heart is beating for you, y/n. you let out a small squeal, examining the snacks and flowers carefully. you put the stuff down on your desk and went back over to george, going in for another hug, digging your face into the crook of his neck. his smile widened into a grin, wrapping his arms around you and giggling as he heard your voice repeatedly saying in his ear, "thank you thank you thank you!"

▰ ▱ ▰ ▱ ▰ ▱ ▰ ▱ ▰ ▱ ▰ ▱ ▰ ▱

THE SCENT OF *PETRICHOR imprinted a small patch of itself all over the city after the passing of a rainstorm, the puddles hanging around the streets just to dry into the ground, plants and flowers flourishing to their max. your feet continued to shuffle against the concrete sidewalk before turning into an alleyway.

your sight instantly caught onto the neon green cactus sign that was lit up twenty four seven, your vision becoming accustomed to the site. you pulled the silver door open and entered the bar, walking in to be met with only techno behind the bar, every seat and table empty. techno instantly sensed your presence, his pink braids slightly swaying as he turned his head to look at you.

he gave you a cheeky smile, liking the fact that you came to visit regularly now. "hey y/n/n." techno greeted fashionably. "hiii tech." you dragged out cheerfully, skipping over to the bar and taking a seat across from him. "where's callahan?" you asked. he took note of how your eyes were scanning around the space just now, appearing almost confused or looking for something particular before you greeted him. you were trying to spot callahan.

"uhhh funny story.. i haven't seen him around lately. i don't know why." techno admitted, shrugging it off. "huh. that's unusual." you responded, deciding to brush off the matter for the time being. "let me guess.. root beer?" techno asked. you winked at him while clicking your tongue. "you bet, tech." "alright. it's on the house."

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

A/N.
WHEN AUTHOR SPEAKS.
ayo some shits gonna go down in the next chapter. be ready _£|€|€\*

w.c.: 900+