CHAPTER XVIII: brief hide n seek

⋆🏁⋆

⋆🏁⋆

══════ PAST ══════

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

🛑     TW : death threat.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

HIS FOOTSTEPS HEAVILY PATTED AGAINST the carpeted floor, heading straight for the office door. once the door flew open, not even bothering to knock, king whipped his head up at the man. "i know you did something." dream huffed out, his chest clearly rising and falling out of breath. king quirked an eyebrow up in confusion, observing dream's behavior. he could tell that dream was infuriated from underneath the mask.

"what are you talking about that's got you worked up?" king asked seriously, folding his hands in front of him. dream stepped in the office, closing the door behind him before speaking. "y/n. you did something to them didn't you?" dream let out, trying to stay calm. he felt like he was gonna snap at any moment. he couldn't even tolerate being in king's office.

king's expression flickered for a split second, his eyes displaying a vulnerability that told a genuine story. although it was such a quick change that no one would catch it.. except dream did. dream took note of how king's muscles tensed and how he tried to brush the tension he was practically radiating by changing his posture slightly and putting on an utterly confused facade. "what are you talking about? did something happen?" king attempted to sound convincing, inserting a concerned glint in his eyes.

dream snickered. "don't lie through your teeth, king. i know you like them a little too much." dream went on, stepping closer towards king's desk. "they've gone missing." dream muttered, paying close attention towards king's expression. that's when he noticed king's eyes go wide, beginning to panic. king took no time in jumping up from his chair, it hitting the wall behind him. "THEY WHAT!? where have they been!?" king exclaimed, hyperventilating and dropping the innocent act. dream crossed his arms and shrugged, sighing. "i have no clue, king. they haven't been here this morning. nor at home either." dream stated calmly, but also in a worried tone, making king cave in.

in reality, dream was smiling under his mask, knowing just what he was doing. he watched king pace around the office, mumbling incoherent expletives and impulsive words, and wanting to rip out his hair from the stress. king eventually got out of his office, looking rather pale. it was his turn for his rushing feet to pat against the floors, bursting through doors and running downstairs. dream followed swiftly behind him, easily keeping up as they were almost the same height. of course two tall men with long legs would keep up with one another.

as soon as king busted through the main lobby doors and made a beeline through the food court area, he came to a halt as he heard the familiar sound of laughter. one particular voice stuck out to him though, prompting him to turn towards the source and peer over to see wilbur and y/n at a table, conversing with pleasant smiles on their faces. king's chest finally fell down completely, breathing out of relief. he took the time to observe you, watching you while he steadied his heart rate.

"well well well. i guess i didn't see them." dream mocked, brushing off the situation and standing next to king like his worrisome words from minutes ago meant nothing. king turned his head towards dream, staring at the white smiley mask with a scornful frown. he could clearly tell from his tone that dream had a sly smile plastered on his lips. "you think you can just mess with me like that?" king asked sternly, huffing out some air angrily. he looked like he was gonna explode. "why yes. i just did. as long as you leave y/n alone, i promise i won't mess with you. because if you touch them again, you're fucking dead." dream seethed, making a clear threat before brushing past king, walking away with his arms crossed.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

A/N.
WHEN AUTHOR SPEAKS.
when c!dream is manipulative😍

w.c.: 600+