CHAPTER XIX: a beauty

⋆🏁⋆

⋆🏁⋆

══════ PRESENT ══════

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

🛑 TW : mentions of kidnapping, obsessive behavior.

🚦 uhhh so just a little notice for this chapter: there's a bit of a time change between present and past. once it switches back to past, it connects back with the events within the previous chapters

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

" NO IT DOESN'T WORK like that!" y/n exclaimed, laughing while walking beside dream. they smacked dream playfully on the shoulder, him resorting to lightly pushing y/n. "heyyyy that hurttt." y/n whined, making dream wheeze. "please. i can do a lot worse than that." he said, a dark expression under his mask.

he quickly grabbed you from behind, lifting you up and spinning you around a few times. the two of you let out a bunch of laughter, your legs flailing in retaliation. "put me down, dream!" you yelled out, making him laugh harder. "i don't think i will." just as he said that, he put you down, both of you out of breath. you ran to the next outpost, this time heading to the southeastern corner of the stadium.

when you got there, stepping down the stairs, you sat down. this time, you weren't dangling your legs between the balcony bars, instead you just sat with your back against the bars, feeling slightly tired. when you were running down the steps, dream watched you with anticipation, observing the way your hair flowed behind you. sitting down beside you, he still had his eyes on you, watching the breeze direct your hair towards your face.

you reached over to tuck your hair back, making sure you can see. dream smiled to himself, knowing how smitten he is over you. even when the city lights were in the background, he was able to make out every intricacy of your face, creating someone who was sculpted from the gods themselves. everyday, dream would question how he even got the opportunity to become close with someone so beautiful. he couldn't think of anyone that compared to you.

══════ PAST ══════

*

🚥 SIX
DAYS AGO 🚥

*

WHEN YOU WOKE UP, sapnap took your hand, helping you get out of bed and leading you out into the kitchen. once you stopped rubbing your eyes and realized you stepped into a new room that had sunshine making its way through the open window blinds, you opened your eyes to find george sitting at the kitchen counter, staring at you with a blank expression.

behind him, dream turned around, holding a pan over the stove and making breakfast. when he laid eyes on you, you could tell he was smiling under his mask. he turned the stove down and rushed over to you, giving you a big hug. sapnap watched the scene unfold, letting go of your hand and chuckling. he was proud that dream was beginning to own up to you. sapnap got out of the way, walking behind the kitchen counter passed george, who still looked pissed.

now he has to worry about both his roommates touching you. george gripped his fork at the thought, feeling pure anger bubbling in his stomach. when you and dream finally pulled away from the long hug, slightly rocking each other back and forth, he looked down at you with a smile that matched the one on his mask, his eyes becoming quite glittery out of adoration. "hey. i didn't know you'd be staying the night." dream said, his hands finding their way to gently hold the sides of your arms. you giggled it off. "me neither." you said, brushing past him and standing beside the kitchen counter. "so what are you cooking?"

*

🚥 BACK TO SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING  🚥

*

AS DREAM BRUSHED PAST KING, still walking at a steady pace, he thought back to the few nights that you spent at the apartment and then at wilbur's. there was a reason that you didn't return home right away that you didn't dare confess, nor did he want to dig into. using his humble detective skills, he came to the conclusion that someone hurt you. there was a threat at your house.

dream actually went there in the middle of the night to check up on you, looking through your bedroom window to find an empty bed with sprawled out sheets. he tried out the window and found it unlocked, making him confused. besides his little heated moment where he went through your drawers and smelled your underwear, he did find some signs of struggle in your house. he knew wilbur wouldn't hurt you. he's the one that he knew wouldn't snap right away and kidnap you... but after seeing the fight between wilbur and king..... king would probably kidnap you without a regret.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

A/N.
WHEN AUTHOR SPEAKS.
OOPS okay anyways here's a late upload but uhh these chapters are like intermission/break chapters in a way. don't worry stuff's gonna be going down anyways

w.c.: 800+