Crush (1)

For the purpose of this story, Luna has been in every Harry Potter era, not just the OOTP, where she was first introduced.

The Ravenclaw common room was extremely quiet and dimly lit. Luna was sitting in front of the fire, tending to it. You started to walk down the stairs, playing with the butterbeer cork necklace that your best friend, Luna had made for you.

You were extremely afraid, as you were a Triwizard Champion. Not really understanding the severity of it, you and your friends entered together and you were the lucky person. 🙄 You regretted it straight away and you tried to get out of it but there was no chance of that.

As you reached the last step you saw Luna sitting on the ground with the fire poker stick in her hands, poking at the burning wood. You smiled and sat next to her., "good evening, Luna"., she looked at you and smiled.

"Hello, Y/n Snape"., you stared at the fire for a while and sighed., "why are you up this late"., "I am feeling anxious"., you looked at her concerned., "what's wrong?"., "I have lost my charm necklace"., she said, putting the stick down.

"I suspect someone is stealing my possessions"., you could tell she was upset so you smiled at her reassuringly., "if it makes you feel more comfortable, Luna, you can wear this one until you find yours"., she smiled at you and shook her head., "no, no. Not to worry. I'm sure it will find its way back to me".

"Are you sure?"., you asked., she smiled and nodded, once again tending to the fire., "how is your dad, Y/n Snape?"., "well, he has been very stressed lately"., you sighed in sadness., "oh. I'm very sorry to hear that. What is the matter?".

"Someone has been breaking into his personal stores, he thinks it Harry Potter because he and his friends had done it before"., "do you think Harry Potter has repeated his actions?"., you shook your head and sighed.

"He said he didn't and hasn't since the last time"., you said, shrugging your shoulders., "he seems like he's telling the truth"., Luna nodded, taking in every word you said, again tending to the fire., "why are you awake at this late hour?".

"I'm just worried about the tournament"., you said, letting out a shaky sigh., "well I know you will be great. ..."., she said, smiling at you again., "...Oh, I almost forgot"., she looked to her side and picked up a magazine that she subscribed too.

"I have received more copies than you usual of The Quibbler so I wanted to give you one"., you smiled and took it off of her., "thankyou".,  "I must tell you, it's very interesting"., you nodded and opened the first page, beginning to read the title.

"Ooo, the title looks intriguing, I'm going back up to the dormitory to read it, goodnight Luna"., you said as you got up., "goodnight Y/n Snape"., you looked back at her confused., "are you not coming up?"., "yes, yes, I will eventually. ..."., she said, picking up another copy of The Quibbler., "...But I think I'm just going to stay here for a while".

"Well goodnight again"., and with that you walked up the spiral staircase and tiptoed back into the dormitory trying not to wake anyone. As soon as you sat on your bed you grabbed your wand and used the wand-lighting charm to stay up a bit longer and read the magazine.

7:30am came around and you walks into The Great Hall with your best friend, Luna., "what are going to have for breakfast?"., "hm, I think I will have some porridge and some orange juice"., Luna said as the both of you sat down next to some other students.