Regret

Suicide and Blood
You walked through the corridors with your boyfriend, Severus just talking about your day. "So, Sev do you have anything planned for winter break?"., Severus shook his head., "no, I think I'll just be here for winter break. What about you?".

"I'm going to be spending the holidays with my father and Cole is going to be coming over with his family and Bella. Do you want to come?"., Severus shook his head., "no..if you don't mind. I like Hogwarts at Christmas time"., "I understand"., Severus looked down the corridor, seeing Lily, smiling and laughing with a few of her other friends.

Severus caught her attention, she smiled flirtatiously and waved., "hey, Severus"., he smiled at her and waved back., "hi, Lily"., you put your head down and shook your head., "Severus why does she have to talk to you like that?"., Severus cleared his throat and looked at you., "like what?"., you furrowed your eyes as you looked at him., "she's flirting with you".

He scoffed and shook his head., "no, she's not flirting. ..."., he said baffled., "...She's just being nice". You looked back at Lily, shaking your head. Severus looked at you and shot you a reassuring smile. "I promise you, Y/n, nothing will happen between us"., you smiled and kissed his cheek.

"I'll see you soon, Sev. I'm going to see Cole, he's needs help with date ideas for Bella. I'll meet you in the library"., you headed to the courtyard to see Cole and Severus started heading up to the library to borrow book., "Severus!..."., he turned around and saw Lily. She waved and caught up with him. "Where is Y/n?"., she asked as she looked around., "she went to to help Cole with date ideas for Bella"., "cool cool. So what are you doing?"., "I'm going to borrow a book".

"Ooo, nice. ..."., she smiled putting her hand on his back for a moment., "...What book are you borrowing?"., Severus thought for a moment and shrugged his shoulders., "I'm not sure yet"., "well I'll be more than happy to help"., Severus smiled at her., "thankyou that would be most helpful".

Severus and Lily arrived at the library and they both looked around., "so which section are we going to?"., "the fantasy section?"., "oh great!..."., she beamed., "...I've got the perfect book for you to read, come come!"., she grabbed his hand and pulled him to the fantasy section.

She ran her fingers along the L section and stopped at one. "Here, read this one. ..."., she handed over a Lord Of The Rings book and smiled. "...This is the best and very popular fantasy series in the Muggle World. I highly recommend this one".

Severus took it off her and turned the book around, reading the blurb. "Wow, this sounds really good"., he said as he walked over to the table to start reading it straight away and of course, Lily sat next to him. "So are you and Y/n staying here for winter break?".

She rested her head on her hand and looked at him with sparkles in her eyes., "well I am, but Y/n isn't. She's going to spend it with her father, Cole's family and his girlfriend"., "hm, why didn't she invite you?"., Severus furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at her., "what are you implying, Lily?"., "oh nothing. ..."., she scoffed.

...I just think it's weird that she didn't even invite her own boyfriend"., "Lily, she did invite me but I preferred to stay at Hogwarts. I enjoy the Christmas festivities"., "oh I see, I'm sorry for upsetting you, Severus"., "it's okay"., he smiled.

You walked into the library, seeing Lily getting a little to close to Severus, smiling and touching his arm. Lily looked up at you and quickly moved away, standing up and gave you a smile., "hi, Y/n"., you smiled politely and waved.

"Hi"., Severus looked up from the book and smiled at you. As Lily walked past, she barged you and looked back at you with a smirk. You rolled your eyes and walking over to Severus. "Why do you let her do that?"., "do what?"., "flirt with you"., he scoffed., "she's not flirting with me, she's just my best friend. That's all".